Water Works

2nd Person POV

Polar opposites; that is what everyone called you two. People think it is weird to see a Osanos and a Calore hanging out together. Then people thought it was weirder when they started dating.

"Water and fire don't mix!" the citizens around the in Norta shouted as you strode through the kingdom. Constant threats were made towards you the closer you got to the Calore's mansion. The whole family welcomed you with open arms, even the Reds that worked there.

Usually the Reds in Norta didn't bother you when you went over to Maven's home. To let anger out, you dumped water on their head; froze their hands while they were washing them; even heated up the water to burn their clothes to ruin them. Nothing less, it was always little things to make them upset.

Then there were times you couldn't handle it. Rain would pour from the skies and soak everything. Everyone knew when it was your rain, because the clouds are deep green with splashes of different colors of blue everywhere. The clouds are yours and only yours.

With the power in your hands (and angry citizens making you angry yourself), clouds grazed over the skies and your fists clenched with rage. Soon enough, rain fell heavy over the dirt roads and everyone ran inside to take cover. It is like they were asking for it.

A sly smirk formed over your lips as you finally walked up the steps to the castle. Nobody could stop you from seeing your boyfriend, not even the stupid Reds in Norta and certainly not the weather. Not even a second after you knocked, you were pulled into the warmly home with heat and a hug.

"You're wet."

"I didn't do nothing," you retorted, feeling the warmth radiating off of Maven's body. He looked down at you, smirking himself at how ridiculous this argument is going to be again. Lately, every time you've gone over to his home, you've come over soaked in your own rain.

The last drops of water evaporated off your skin as Maven gave your forehead an everlasting kiss, smiling midway through that made you smile yourself. "I did have today dedicated to the outdoors, but I'm thinking not so much anymore."

"Trust me," you mumbled under your breath, "it's not stopping anytime soon." Maven pulled away and raised his eyebrows at you. All you did was shrug your shoulders back at him. The young Calore boy, yes boy, took your right hand with his left hand and dragged you towards his bedroom. Most of the time you two hung out in spare living room, away from the chaos and family, but people from the royal court are coming over to the kingdom's castle to discuss higher class stuff that kids are not allowed attention. That's why you and Maven were going to go outside.

His bedroom is a mess. Not even a cute mess, but a disaster. Maven attempted to keep you out of his room for a couple minutes, but you barged in anyways and got a laugh in. Fire proof material was laid across the floor instead of in drawers. There were towels flopped over everything that stood, doors, chairs, coat racks. The worst thing you saw was the dried up pieces of food under his bed and along his desk. It's gross.

"Maven Calore," you smacked his shoulder as he jumped away from you to push more dirty clothes in his closet. "How come you haven't cleaned up your room in the last week or so?"

He shoved a couple rings in a drawer, then spun around to face you. "Mother has been making me train all week, today is the only day I've had off in a while and I need it. So don't mind my underwear on the floor. . . ."

Your hands quickly covered your eyes in fear, "you can't be serious."

"Darling, you've seen me in my underwear before, why is it on the ground a problem," Maven laughed, uncovering your eyes with his own hands. You took water droplets from the bracelet you wear on your wrist and splashed his clothes on the floor near you both. "Now you are being unreasonable."

You giggled some more and flew a drop of water in front of his face. Maven drew his hand away from yours and snapped his fingers, making the water disappear in thin air. "You're no fun, Mave. Let's—"

During your mid-sentence, Maven tackled you into a hug and dove on top of his bed. The two of you bounced up and down on his bed, smiling and laughing at your guys time spent together. It's rare for time like this to come up with Maven's training and your lessons for future ruling, time is precious.

His forehead wrinkled as he laughed. Your face nuzzled into the crook of his neck as his face rubbed against your soft hair. "I love you," Maven whispered.

"Love me enough to go play in the rain?"

A long, slow breath came out of Maven's mouth, tickling your neck. He hates all things that deal with water. The rain, bathing, drinking it, basically anything. That's the other reason why the people of Norta say you shouldn't be with the fire prince, he hates all things water, so people think that includes you.

"Y/N, I've told you so many times why I prefer to not play in the rain." Maven whispered against your skin, running his hot fingers up and down you bare arm.

"That's why I'll make it up to you," you remind him since the last time you two had this argument. Your fingers run along his cheek bones and you stare happily at his big blue eyes.

Maven sighs, planting a small kiss against your lips. "And how will you make it up to me?"

"I'll spend the night tonight, then you can choose tomorrow's activities," you purpose. Maven nodded his head in agreement, which made you grin widely at him. For moments longer, you and Maven continued staring into each other's eyes and listening to the rain patter against his bedroom windows.

There was a moment where you guy's moment was ruined. A loud knock echoed in the room, then an all too familiar voice asked Maven if his girlfriend was visiting today. Before he could respond, you did, which made Cal remind you two to "use protection" while alone in the bedroom. That made you two scramble quickly off the bed and out the door immediately.

You and Maven run out of the castle, but he stops short under a small roof area while you kept running into the rain. Water poured down on your head, making your head soaked and clothes all mushy. You don't mind though, water is your happy place.

"Mave," you call loudly so he could hear you, "the water is not going to bite you, I promise."

"I know, but you will!"

You throw a splash of water in his direction. His first instinct was to throw a ball a fire, but instead he jumped ten feet in the area and tried to karate chop the air.

You step underneath the roof where Maven stands, still soaked from the rain water, and grab his hands. "You have to trust me, you know that, right?" Maven nods his head, still slightly scared. "And, you need to relax and turn that burner down," this time he glares at you. Maven doesn't like it when you call his bracelet burner, because he claims every time "it's a flamemaker bracelet".

Maven took a deep breath, and stepped forward into the rain with you. For a couple seconds, he just stood there looking like a wet dog. His hair became a droopy mess and the flame on his bracelet kept going out and firing up again.

"Can we got back inside now?" Maven said with a deadpanned look on his face.

"Just wait," you whispered and closed your eyes to focus on the rain around you. All the droplets within a five foot radius froze in midair. They danced around you and Maven, which Maven smile like a giddy kid. Then you dropped your focus and it all came pouring down on your heads.

"Can we go in now?" Maven yelled over the heavy rain fall.

You nod you head, "uh, yeah!"

You and Maven run back into the large double doors soaking wet. He turned on his flame maker bracelet, and all the water disappeared. Next, Maven pulled you into a hug, making all the droplets in you to disappear also.

"I love you so much, Miss Osanos. Even when you drag me out into the rain."

"Love you too, Mr Calore. Even when you tease me with your stupid burner."

"It's a flamemaker!"

thanks so much for 1k reads lovelies ❤️