"Oh, I see."

"We are mainly just scouters. It's sort of like a baby mission? Though we go at least once every week or two. Bigger missions are like going into the city for supplies. Thing is we came from that city since it's the only one around for miles. We know it all to well. You won't find another one close by."

I kept walking along side them. We searched around for a good forty five minutes before setting off at the next stopping location.

We did this for the next five stops. Drive, stop, get out, search, get back in, drive. Then we got to the seventh stop, and I already new the drill by now. We all got out and walked around.

Our feet crushed the dead things and leaves beneath our feet with a small crunch. We weaved in and out between the trees, getting a little bit away from the van. We eventually split up, Max going by himself and I stuck with Cory.

We walked in silence until Cory spoke up, "So, you were in a facility?"

I went quiet for a second before answering, memories flooding my head, "Yes."

"How did you escape?" He asked slowly.

I thought, now trying to wrap my head around it, "I lost control of my telek. It had been a while since I had, but they had taken the cuffs off of me. They stopped me from using my magic, and they said something to me. I lost control and accidentally snapped some of the guards necks. I ran, and as I did I used my telek to get myself out. I also used a bit of my my mind manipulation to make the guards see me in places I wasn't to distract them. After about an hour I finally managed to find the exit and didn't stop running. I didn't stop until I could go no further. The only thing I remember hearing was the wall of the sirens. They blared in my ears. The flashing lights and the screaming. I was terrified but I had to get out." I said, in a whisper.

"Mm . ." Cory hummed softly. "Sorry I asked, I was just curious was all."

"You're fine."

We both went silent.

"What about you?" I asked cautiously. Cory took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Well, I was in a facility with Max and Ross and many others. They were all tortured and made the way they were with either their abilities or looks.

"Don't ask about Max though. You should just talk to him yourself. That is if he is willing to open up to you about it. He had it rough at the facility . .

"Anyways, um, me? I was more of a test dummy to put it simply. I was tortured, and poked and prodded constantly and my eyes were always checked. Always. Then finally they did it. They . . . Did such horrible things. They-"

"Cory, you don't have to talk about it." I  said, putting a hand on his shoulder gently.

"I know but I asked you so I should-" Cory started but before he could finish a Shot was heard and he screamed in pain, falling to the ground and holding his arm.

"Cory!" I shouted kneeling down to him and frantically looked at his arm, seeing a bullet wound. Blood poured out and I took his hand and told him to hold onto it as tight as he could to stop the blood flow.

I whipped my head around as I heard another shot. My eyes widened as I saw guards running towards us, a black van seen from far away.