39: Swiss Cheese and Chocolate

Start from the beginning

Whatever switch flipped between you since your conversation in the bedroom, it seems like Jungkook's on the path to trying to build a friendship instead of making you his arch nemesis. As if physically manifesting your thoughts, he hip bumps you out of the way to get to the counter.

You stare like an idiot, gaping.

He just hip bumped you.

Like a child.

As if the two of you haven't been trying to kill each other since you met.

As if you've been friends since elementary school.

"Okay, what the heck is going on?"

Straightforward confrontation is undoubtedly the way to go. You say it bluntly, crossing your arms and leaning back against the counter.

Pausing in the process of taking a grape from the counter, Jungkook tosses you an innocent side glance. "Hm? What do you mean?"

Huffing, you plant your hands on your hips and jut your chin out, not deterred by his non-admittance. You won't let him get away with playing dumb. "What is...this? You were being a jerk 2.5 seconds ago, and now you're being all cutesy. Why?"

His reaction is instantaneous, and foreboding.

Something flashes in his eyes, and a little smile curves up the corner of his mouth, the lip ring pressing a small indent into his lips.

Oh.

You don't like that smile. There's entirely too much mischief tucked into the corners and angles of that smile for your comfort.

As if he can read your thoughts, Jungkook lets his smirk widen to show his pearly white teeth and shrugs one shoulder casually. He turns from the counter, sauntering toward the refrigerator.

"I'm trying to play nice," he says casually. "It would help a lot if you played along. Maybe we won't fight for once. Do you think Jimin bought any desserts?"

He finds a bottle of chocolate sauce in the fridge and turns to you with a victorious grin.

Maybe we won't fight for once.

That grin.

That grin is driving you insane

A crazed laugh bubbles up inside of you, and you finally give in to that urge to slingshot a slice of Swiss cheese towards his face.

Spiraling through the air like a flying saucer, it smacks down across the bridge of his nose, full of holes and inconsistencies, just like the man himself.

Jeon Jungkook is Swiss cheese.

Swiss cheese is Jeon Jungkook.

You don't try to tell the difference between the two, mostly because there isn't one.

As you think this, Jungkook is in the process of realizing that a slice of cheese is dangling off of his nose. Just as he reaches for it, it slips away, flopping down to smack against his sock.

His jaw tightens, black eyes slowly roving up from the pale square on his foot to you, standing defiantly across the kitchen from him. His lips part, and his tongue pushes out the side of his cheek from he inside, resulting in a fed-up look that's equal parts sexy and pissed off.

His long fingers tighten around the neck of the chocolate sauce bottle. Inhaling through his nose, he gingerly pops open the cap, meeting your gaze with his own dark one.

And, as you watch in horror, he turns the bottle upside down and pours a flood of chocolate.

All.