[9]

Kanato's Issues

After the scene Kanato made in front of the Mukami's, everyone ate their slice of cake silently and awkwardly. The awkwardness broke apart when Yuma spoke.

"Thanks for the cake, Y/n. Where did you learn to bake so well at such young age?" Yuma asked as he took another bite.

"I worked at a bakery for three years," Y/n said and sadly looked at her slice of cake. "I miss it there," Her mind went back to Jane and Johnny. She wondered how they manage the store without her and if everything was okay.

"Can we go there? We hadn't gone out in awhile," Azusa said and his voice was louder than usual. It weakened just a bit, but his voice was getting stronger.

"Yes, we should go out. We literally got nothing to do tomorrow so lets go. Y/n, you still know where it is at?" Ruki asked and Y/n said that she does. "Then it is set. Tomorrow we are going on an adventure!"

"And Y/n, The Guardian of the Mukami's will protect us," Kou said and everyone laughed at the table.

Azusa lightly laughed. "Stop it..." He mumbled underneath his breath.

________________

The very next day, Y/n woke up early and she was the first to get dressed. With the extra time she decided to bake a cake. Not for the Mukami brothers, but for Kanato.

"He better be thankful for this," Y/n said while mixing the batter. "Or else,"

"Or else what?" Kanato said with a sleepy voice. He rubbed his eye and hugged onto Teddy. "What do you think she'll do, Teddy? Hurt us or feed us?" He licked his lips and laughed to himself and Teddy.

"I think feeding you is the best option. Its too early to get hurt. The sun has barely rise. Since when did you got here?"

"I slept on the couch," Kanato said and his eyes grew huge, emphasizing his dark circles.

"Okay then..." Y/n said unsure. Did he really slept?

"Can I have a taste of your blood?" Kanato asked and came closer. With a wooden spoon, Y/n pushed him away.  "No, but you can have the cake as a whole,"

Kanato grunted and sat down on the stool. "Why aren't you afraid of me?" He leaned forwards towards Y/n. Y/n unconciously did the same.

"To be afraid of you, don't i have have a good reason first?" Y/n puts the cake into the oven. Kanato froze and smiled. "You're smart. I appreciate that. Have a loli, its just for you. Sweet just like you," Y/n unraveled the loli and ate it. For the remaining time, Kanato introduced Teddy and unexpectedly, Kanato and Y/n get along together very well.

Ruki came into the kitchen and stretch, then found a certain purple haired vampire. "Ew, what are you doing here?" He asked and went towards the coffee maker machine of awesomeness.

"Waiting for the cake to be finished," Kanato didn't even face Ruki, but instead he swung his feet back in forth like an innocent child. "If you want me to leave so soon, here, i'll speed the process up!" Kanato gently flicked his wrist towards the oven and the flames roared turning lilac.

"I don't even--" Ruki's voice got quieter and quieter and so, he left.

"Kanato, what did you do to make them hate you?" Y/n asked, looking deeply into his eyes.

"Uh..." Kanato froze and remembered the moment. While Kanato explained his flashback, Y/n pointed a light blue flame towards the oven, making the cake bake faster.

It was the night of Halloween where the moon is at its fullest. Although many neighborhoods would be packed, filled with children in costumes, no one visted the Sakamaki mansion or the Mukami mansion. They won't even visit each other. However, on this night, it changed.

A purple haired teen had the sickest idea of giving the Mukami brothers a treat and hope for them to do something back. He dressed himself in a cliche vampire outfit and knocked on their door.

"Trick or treat!" He said and laughed wickedly under his breath. Holding the bag in his hands, he grinned at the door. When it opened, it was Kou who opened the door. "What the- Kanato what are you doing here? And dressed like... That?" Kou looked at Kanato from head to toe.

"Trick or treat!" Kanato repeated.
"And what are you supposed to be?" Kou asked.
"A vampire," Kanato hissed held his arms out.
"Hm... Kanato, you suck. Literally," Kou closed the door and Kanato's shoulders fell. "Maybe I should try again,"

Kanato dressed up again and knocked in their mansion door. His fake bandages hang loosely around his arms and around his neck, bandages was wrapped around loosely. His intention was to imitate Azusa. "Trick or treat!" He yelled and it took longer than expected. After awhile, no one would open the door. "They don't like tricks do they," Kanato then teleported inside the mansion and wandered around. As he was walking, he adjusted his beret and walked even slower. In his hand was a knife.

"Hey, Azusa," a voice called out. The voice belonged to Yuma. "Ruki needs you. Azusa?"

Kanato kept walking with the knife swinging carelessly. He took random turns and twist and teleported here and there. When Yuma catched up, Kanato stopped and spoken slowly. "Yuma... you found me,"

Yuma froze to hear how different Azusa sounded. In that very moment, Azusa walked in and found his "twin". "Azusa... Nice to... See... You " Kanato said and snickered.

Azusa teleported away and came back with a lighter. "I will burn Teddy,"

"And after that, Yuma and Kou beat the shit outta me for imitating Azusa," Kanato said. The bell rung and the cake was finished. When the cake was taken out of the oven. "He threatened Teddy so Azusa went too far," Kanato sharply let out a breath. "Yuma even threw me out of the damn window of the third floor. I lived, no problem,"

Y/n flipped the cake and began putting frosting around it. "Maybe he didn't like your humor,"

"But it was funny!" Kanato yelled out and hit the table with his fist.

"No it wasn't," Yuma came behind him with his arms crossed. Beside Yuma was Azusa and Kou. "I liked it better when I flung you out the window. I would do it all over again," Yuma walked closer and Kanato put two middle fingers in the air singing out "fuck you very much,"

"Kanato, take the cake and leave," Y/n said and scooted the cake towards him.

"Bye everyone," Kanato said, leaping off the stool. He took the cake and looked at Y/n, grinning. "We'll meet again," Kanato teleported away.

"Get ready, we're going to the bakery," Ruki said, peeping through the door. He took a step away, closing the door, leaving everyone at the kitchen.

_______-_______