"The desk clerk said that there's a town up ahead. Want to check it out?" I say loud enough for her to hear as I sort out the clothes that were washed the day before. "We can find some place cheaper to stay at and surrounded by edible food."

Rose sticks her head out of the bathroom door while brushing her teeth. "You mean healthy food?" She goes back inside to finish up but continues, "I may be an idiot some--"

"Most," I mumble lowly.

"Heard that! --times, but I know you just want to go there for my sake. Don't worry about me! We should be worrying about the werewolves here."

Once I'm done I sit down and wait patiently for Rose.

Rose has always been a heavy sleeper because of her weak condition and is usually slow, but I don't mind and is always patient.

"I don't think we need to worry about them," I speak up, "They already know we're in their land. I'm surprised they haven't attacked us yet. Maybe it's a norm for other wolves and rogues to cross here like how the situation we're in."

Rose walks out the bathroom in all her natural glory and starts dressing. "Oh. I guess I didn't think about that."

"You don't need to think about that. Now let's go. I want to get out of this dump and go eat some real shit." I whine.

Rose laughs at the immaturity of it. "And who is supposed to be the older one here?"

"Me," I don't miss a beat to reply.

Rose shakes her head, finished donning on her clothes. "Well, let's go. Don't want to miss that bus that takes us there."

***

We step off of the bus and stretch our sore muscles.

Last night was the only night we slept on beds in the last couple weeks, so sitting down for almost thirty minutes straight reminds our body of what we went through those weeks.

I startle when Rose suddenly hides behind me.

I look around in alarm, realizing many of the townspeople are staring judgmentally at us. I do my best to glare at them for being disrespectful before I stop paying them any mind, and search for a place to chow at.

"Come on," I grab Rose's hand and lead her to a small Diner not far from the bus stop.

We take some seats at an available table in the corner, ignoring the few wondering gazes of the customers already inside.

Looking over the healthiest food there is on the menu I shuffle my bag near the wall while Rose does the same from across me.

"Are you ready to order?"

I look up to see a waiter staring down at us with her arms crossed.

Rose shrinks in her chair.

I don't blame her because this waitress isn't just some stranger girl, but a werewolf, a warrior at that too.

I swallow my fears and like the way my voice sounds when I order our breakfast. It's not that I'm scared of the chick, but if other werewolves are near and a fight were to break out here, I don't know if I'll be able to completely protect Rose.