Ch.7

-"That was such a long ride," Mitch said, stretching his stiff limbs. The team arrived in Angelcrest after Springmire, relatively uninterrupted.

-The camping area was in a soft green meadow in the middle of the forest near Mt. Glyss. It was a space suitable for a group like theirs. Plenty of room for tents and a spacious cave Jerome had stumbled upon along the way. 

-The team split up and set up the tents quickly before taking off to explore the woods. Sky went left from the campsite taking a path towards the mountain. Sunlight filtered down through the oak leaves, as Sky traversed the worn-out gravel path laid in front of him, listening to the whispering trees and the distant humming of a waterfall. The warm air rested gently on his limbs. 

-Sweet, like home, He mused. Not as salty, though

-A while in, Sky came across a wooden house. The building had vines draped down its sides, the windows were opaque, and the door had webs hanging precariously on its frame. When he went to open it, he found the door jammed shut, years of abandonment had seemingly sealed the dilapidated building. The doorplate was molded over, and what little he could see was nothing short of plain scratches to his eyes. 

-A sudden snap caught his attention. Sky whipped around in time to witness a figure to dart into the thicket of trees, disappearing into the woods before, Sky had any chance to chase after him. Sky stared, dumbfounded at the empty space behind him.

-"What was that?" 

-"What was what?" Seto asked, from the bushes. His purple vest looked oddly natural amongst the bushes. He walked up to Sky, and said, "I was wondering where you went."

-Seto looked up at the abandoned house, his face morphing into curiosity. 

-"What a peculiar little house," he observed, taking in every detail the house had to offer. From the rusty hinges to the moldy planks. "I wonder who lived here, from the looks of it, the building has been abandoned for a while now." 

-"It's old alright," Sky agreed," A small, one-story house in the middle of the woods. Maybe a cartographer of sorts?"

-"It could've been, the only way we could tell is if we went in," Seto answered, "I'm assuming you tried."

-Sky smiled at him, "That I did, couldn't get in, the door wouldn't even budge."

-He chuckled, "That sounds just like you."

-Seto cast a side-eyed glance at the old structure, "The house seemed to have sealed itself away, couldn't bear to be inhabited again, I guess, or perhaps..."

-Purple meets gold, silence filled the space between them.

-"We should head back," Sky said, breaking away from the overwhelming calm. He wandered towards the campsite.

-"I guess so," It was Seto's turn to smile now. The pair walked down the gravel path. Past the silent trees and idle roar of a distant waterfall, as sunlight slowly faded behind their backs, and the little house disappeared into the brush. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-While the rest of the guys were off adventuring, Investigator Lowe, Jason, and Ty were setting up their shelter for the night.

-"I am surprised you two are not joining the other guys out on their adventures," Lowe commented. She carefully laid out the last tent and pitched it. 

-"I was considering it," Jason replied, "But I didn't feel comfortable having you pitch all the tents and gather firewood on your own." 

-"I could've managed it somehow,"

-"You might've, but this way is faster."

-Ty called out from the forest, "Hey guys, is this enough?"

-His arms were full of sticks and branches as he made his way towards the pair. 

-"That's more than enough, thanks, Ty," Lowe said, transferring the sticks to herself.

-Just then, Sky and Seto came back from their exploration, an interesting aura hung around them as they made their way into the center of the clearing.

-"Looks like you guys are done setting up," Sky noted, "Mitch and Jerome haven't come back yet?"

-"Nope, I didn't even see them on the way back from gathering wood," Ty responded, confused he added, "We went the same way, I wonder why I didn't see them."

-Suddenly, a panicked Jerome burst into the clearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-"Hey, don't you ever wonder what it's like to live in another country?"

-"I mean, I'm curious what everyone thinks about having to live away from their home."

-"...no"