CH.2

-Sky sighed and spun around in his chair mindlessly.

-"What's the matter?" Officer Alexa Curtis asked him.

-Sky just shrugged and said, "Nothing much, I just wish the entire 'bomb at the amusement park' thing didn't happen. It was my day off."

-He leaned back in his chair. "Plus that bomb not only ruined my day off, but a bunch of folks too. Not a lot of people would appreciate it if they were suddenly being forced to leave their fun time, especially if they're kids"

-He sunk further into his chair, "Then there's also the cost of the damage the bomb cost, paying for repairs suck, even if the damage wasn't really our fault. Investigator Collins didn't help either, he's still trying to one-up the whole group of us. I doubt that kind of grudge is really healthy."

-At the end of his sentence, he had slid all the way under the desk given to him by Superintendent Ruiz. 

-"Well...I'm sure it is going to be alright, you fhymiens always find a way!" Curtis said brightly.

-"Well, I suppose it's kind of true. Don't you have a meeting?" Sky answered from his sulking spot.

-"Oh, right! I will go now, try not to die in your sulking spot!" Curtis hurried out the room.

-Sky crawled out from under his desk and sat back down. He turned on his laptop and started flipping through his saved files regarding the bomb case. He pulled up the digital archive and clicked the amusement park bombing case.

-At approx. 1:30 Jul. 23. 20XX, a bomb was discovered on the underside of one of the carts on the Ferris wheel at the White Flower Amusement park. Citizens were quickly evacuated from the premises and the bomb was isolated, allowing Adam D. of Nilfheim to disarm it. 5 minutes later, the bomb detonated. Mr.D was mostly unscathed and had been picked up in an ambulance. 

-The blast radius was about 10-15 ft in diameter, effectively taking a chunk out of the wheel. It has been decided that this incident is irrelevant to the other bomb incidents.

-The suspect has been placed in police custody.

-For the 4th time that day, Sky sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-A knock sounded on the Superintendent's office. Cameron Ruiz, without looking up from his papers, said: "Come in."

-The door opened and Investigator Genisis Lowe entered the room. 

-"What do you want, Investigator Lowe? If it's about Investigator Collins, then I am afraid I am incapable of doing anything about his behavior." He said, without once glancing up from his work.

-"Sir, I understand you don't want to speak about this, but I really disapprove of his attitude towards our Nilfhymien guests. The man has absolutely no respect nor gratitude towards the group Lady Iris had sent us. Just earlier today I spotted him harassing Mr.Dahlberg again, and I can tell the man is bothered by it."

-He sighed, "So what of it? We can't exactly remove him from this operation, he has some of the skills necessary to help our case, and while I understand your concern, unless there is someone with skills similar to Investigator Collins, then I am afraid we can't do anything about it."

-"I just don't feel like it is a good idea for him and the fhymiens to be in close proximity to each other. The group always end up near each other and I can practically see the tension."

-Ruiz finally put down his pen, he opened a drawer and took a file out. "How about this? Since you want them to stay as far apart from each other, and I currently need them out of my hair for maybe the next few days. You can take them on a little training activity near Mt. Glyss. That way, not only will Investigator Collins stop bothering them during that time, but the team can also pick up some important life skills."

-"Are you sure about this?" Lowe asked. "If anything happens, we won't be there to help."

-The superintendent shrugged it off. " The last major bomb blew around a month ago, we already determined that there seems to be a six-month gap between bombs, it will be fine."

-Lowe didn't seem so assured, but resigned, and took the file anyway. Inside were 7 tickets for a train to Angelcrest, a town near one of the southwest quadrant of Atlas south of Mt.Glyss.

-"I shall see you in a month."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2 Chapters In One day, Now that's an achievement!]