CH.3

-"Hey, guys!" 

-Jerome bursts through the break room door with Ty following shortly after.

-"Guess what? We're going on a trip!"

-Sky looked up from his lunch.

-"Where are we goin'?" he asked halfway through chews.

-"Mt. Glyss," Ty answered. "Second tallest mountain in Atlas."

-"Second? I thought it was first," Jason said, confused.

-"It was, up until they decided to scale Mt.Endur, now it's second," Seto informed him.

-"They didn't scale it before?"

-"Apparently they couldn't get to the peak until now."

-"How tall is it?" Mitch asked Seto curiously.

-"I believe it's around 30,000ft, only 20ft taller than Glyss."

-The room suddenly grew silent, until Mitch asked, "We aren't going to climb that right?"

-"I hope not."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Ruiz was on an important call with the Deputy Chief when Investigator Collins barged into his office.

-"I will call you back later, I need to deal with an issue that just made itself known." Ruiz hung up, looked at Collins and readjusted his sitting posture. "How may I help you, Investigator Collins? And next time, please knock."

-Collins just glanced at the door before looking back at the superintendent.

-"What's this about the fhymiens going on a mountain climbing trip?" Collins yelled. "What right do they have for them to be able to take, not even one day, but 2 months off?! All for a dumb trip to Glyss? They did nothing!"

-"Who said anything about them taking 2 months off? This is more of a training lesson than a vacation."

-"They implied it! I overheard their talk about going to Mt.Glyss. If you wanted them to go on a training trip you should've asked me to do it instead of Lowe."

-"Yes, and let you take the time to get them either killed or lost in the Crescent Forest." The superintendent said, sarcasm dripping off each word. "We do not need a building tension between us and the most heavily defended country in this region."

-"The only thing Lowe is going to do is baby them, women can't train children to be soldiers, let alone morons!" Collins claimed, "By the time those brats become soldiers, we will be dead."

-"Iris trained her daughter to be one of the skilled children in Nilfheim"

-"If you call that demon trained, did you forget what that kid do to Senator Baron's sector?"

-"He started the feud. If he had kept his opinions to himself that probably wouldn't have happened."

-"He was still right! Women can't lead!"

-Ruiz shook his head, " Listen, Investigator, I don't care about whether or not you approve of this setup, you are just going to have to deal with it. Now will you please leave so I can finish my important call with the Deputy Chief?"

-"Fine then, but you are making a big mistake," Collins growled as he left.

-Ruiz sighed before dialing the number to the Deputy Chief's office. 

-"Hello? Sir? Yes, I apologize for earlier I had a..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sky looked at all of his clothing that he had lain onto his bed. He was packing his camping bag for the next 2 months he would be spending in the Crescent Forest.

-Weather aside, I should really pack a hoodie. He thought to himself. He pulled out his grey hoodie, rolled it up and stuffed it into his bag. He stuck a raincoat into his bag too. 

-"I got clothes, what do I do about entertainment? I guess star-gazing, I'll pack a flashlight and a book just in case." 

-"Hey, Sky, are you talking to yourself again?"

-Seto's voice startled Sky out of his train of thought.

-"Oh, hey Seto. Are you done packing already?" Sky asked, a bit bewildered.

-"I was actually looking for batteries, flashlights are out." 

-"Oh, why don't you text Ty? I think he went shopping, I'm sure he won't mind picking up some AA batteries. Tell him to get 2 packs, we might need them on the trip."

-"Good idea!"

-Seto left the room to make his call. Sky turned his attention back to his stuff.

-"Maybe I should pack a crossword puzzle or something."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Is it just me, or are these chapters getting smaller?]