CH.4

-"I find the silence comforting"

-Ruiz opened the door to his dark apartment. He kicked his shoes to the side and laid down on the black second handed couch that occupies the living room. Silence settled in the room as he closed his eyes. He laid there for a few minutes before getting up and opening his fridge in the kitchen, his footsteps can be heard with every step. After 15 minutes, the water was done boiling. 

-That night he had noodles.  

-After he was done, he cleaned up and went to the bedroom. He opened up his laptop and started looking through the global news section of his search engine.

-"Living a silent life sounds rather lonely. Why don't you go find a lover or something?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

-Sky found the train ride to Angelcrest incredibly fascinating. Nilfheim didn't have different sections to it. While Nilfheim is a pretty big country, it lacks all of the noisy cities that Atlas have, leaving the transition from loud and busy to sudden rural territory really interesting and vice versa.

-The train ride takes a day and a half. Currently, the group is having lunch at a rest stop in Arrowfair before transferring to their next train.

-"I didn't know there are actually friendly robots out there," Ty said, observing the robotic waiter that just took their order.

-"I think the only reason why that robot's friendly is because it isn't possessed by some dead spirit of a child...or something along those lines," Seto stated.

-"Nilfheim has robots possessed by the spirits of murderous children???" Investigator Lowe asked, bewildered.

-Ty shrugged and said, "Not as much as Trilfhiem. Although, those are more like evil furbies instead of bots."

-Lowe didn't ask.

-"So how long until the train?" Jason asked.

-Seto glanced at his watch. 

-"About another two hours or so, I heard something about a delay when I went to the bathroom earlier. "

-"So what do we do for the next 2 hours?"

-"If possible, I would like to try the Fortune cakes I heard about." Sky pitched in. "Of course we don't have to, but it's an idea."

-"I think on the way back we can get some, besides, last time I checked, there are bears near Mt.Glyss," Lowe stated. "Don't need any animals getting into our stuff."

-"We could take a look at Blessed Temple, I heard it's really big."

-"I have a feeling that the Grand Temple is bigger but sure."

-The conversation continued on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-"Yes, I understand your concern, Ma'am. I'm sure this trip won't be that bad even if they have never really gone camping before, it's not excessively dangerous from what I am aware of."

-Ruiz paused for a moment, listening to the caller.

-"Trust me, the likelihood of them dying is little. The crescent forest is known for being one of the safest areas for outdoor recreational use."

-He paused some more.

-"Don't worry so much, this is a new learning experience for them, and who knows, maybe they will bring some new knowledge home with them."

-The caller spoke some more.

-"I understand your suggestion, but please refrain from sending your child here for an 'outdoor learning experience' especially in Atlas's current situation."

-Ruiz readjusted his sitting position.

-"That may be true, however-"

-"Superintendent Ruiz!"

-His office door was slammed open, a young officer ran in panicked.

-"There's been another bomb!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Investigator Collins looked at the scene in front of him. The bomb had been reported less than 3 minutes after it exploded, taking out most of the parking lot of the local mall. There were many casualties and property damage caused by the explosion. 

-The actual scene didn't help either. A giant crater surrounded by knocked over or destroyed shopping carts, toppled over cars and charred paper bags littered the area. The force blasted a metal trash can over onto the road, trash spilled everywhere.

-Ruiz entered the scene.

-"What's the damage?"

-"Pretty bad if you ask me. The second bomb of the month, I doubt it is a coincidence."

-"Did the forensics team get anything?"

-"Nothing worthy of notice, the bomb was reportedly found in a plastic bag, it may have been a person that held a grudge against this mall."

-"The cameras?"

-"Nothing."

-Ruiz let out a sigh.

-"Gather any data about the people that were coming in and out of this parking lot. 2 bombs in one month is not good.

-"Might I add something?" Collins asked, smirking. "There were two bomb incidents in the same month that those fhymiens arrived."

-"If you are suggesting that those kids had anything to do with this then I will have to stop you there."

-"But what about those incidents back in-"

-"Those incidents had nothing to do with this. Those attacks were contained in one area and had only caused property damage, no physical harm was done."

-"That may be, however-"

-"Investigator," Ruiz cut him off. "I'm sure it is in your best interest to not get on my bad side. The King wouldn't request help from Nilfheim if he felt they would be a threat. Now quit your arguing and do your job.

------------------------------------------------------------------

[Yeah, take that you nationalistic A-hole. Next chapter will hopefully focus more on the MCs more]