#24: Unhiding Truths.

Start from the beginning

I fiddle with the hem of his white shirt. "I trust you more than I trust anyone in this world, Austin. But we have so many secrets between us--"

"Fine, we'll start unhiding the truths one by one. We tell when we remember one, or when either of us wants to get to know about something." He suggests. 

"And there will be no judging whatsoever," I add and he immediately nods. 

"Yes, because the whole point of telling it is so we don't find it awkward when we find out about it later, in uncertain circumstances." He says. 

"Right," I second him immediately.

"I will tell you everything about me. Starting from scratch again." He leans down and he kisses my lips and I instantly kiss him back. But he breaks the kiss after three seconds, "I write songs when I feel mad." He kisses me again and stops to mutter, "Your turn." And kisses me back. 

I break our kiss and I lean back a little, "I don't express as well as you, but I feel for you as much as you do for me." 

He pulls me towards himself again and pecks a soft kiss on my lips and then my forehead. "For the record, I love poetry too." 

He lets me go and I take a step back. He picks up my bag and his jacket from the ground and puts them in his back seat. I walk towards the boot of his car and I hoist myself on it. 

"Dad wants me to apply for Yale. And since we won today's match, which you still haven't congratulated me for, the scholarship might help." I tell it out loud. 

Austin slowly comes into my sight and he leans against the boot of his car. "I didn't know you were applying overseas." 

I gulped. "It was an option. There's no confirmation yet. I thought I'd tell you if I got in. But if we're unhiding truths, I might as well do it right." 

He didn't respond for a few seconds. I was about to ask him what was wrong but he turned around and placed himself in between my legs. I lean against his shoulders and he kisses my wrist. 

"Julie was the girl I was kissing the other night in Carter's house." He told me and I froze. The immediate image of him and Julie played in my head. "You said there'd be no judging." 

I lean down immediately and kiss him. I close my eyes and pull him close to me. I want him to kiss me until I forget the mental image of him kissing Julie or a bunch of other girls. He smiles against my lips and he kisses me harder. His hands go beneath my legs and he tugs me closer to his waist. 

I curl my hands in his hair and I pull him closer and melt inside his chest. His hands roam on my back, freely grabbing and gripping my shirt. One of his hands reaches my hair and he pulls the scrunchie out of my clasped ponytail. My hair falls down freely on my back and he fists a handful of it in his palms. 

He stops kissing me but he doesn't take his lips off mine. "I hate it when you tie your hair." 

I nod, resuming the kiss for a brief second before I do the same to him. "I hate it when you kiss other girls." 

He chuckles against my lips. "I hate it when Jacob kisses you." 

I smile because I knew this. "So you're okay with me kissing boys other than Jacob?" 

He grabs my hair and clenches his jaw against my lips. "I'll kill them." 

His lips start moving on mine and he lifts me up from on top of the boot. He carries me and when I feel my legs reaching the ground, I realize he's carried me to the passenger seat. 

He stops kissing me and he smirks. "I'm not going to open the door for you." 

I scowl, pretending his words hurt me by keeping a hand on my chest. "And here I thought you're going to be a chivalrous boyfriend."