My demon - my best friend*

Dark room. So familiar to me. No light to see, but I could see. Black walls, being lit up as if by a candleflame. I was sat in a corner, looking around. The feeling of light sleepness filling my body. Was I asleep before I woke up here? Surprisingly, I wasn't scared at all anymore. I stood up, wanting to go further into the room when a shadow scurried over the walls. I followed it with my eyes, still standing on my current spot. "Hello?" I asked into the room. The shadow stopped and said, "You acknowledge me."
It disappeared and suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder from behind. I turned around and saw it as a person, its hood deep in its face. "Needed to check up on you, if you're still there."
"As you see I am. Do you have new names for me?"
"No, you are still my demon, the shadow I drag behind me."
I hesitated if I should tell it the other name. My best friend. People thought I was crazy. Calling the thing that haunts me my best friend - they would send me into a mental hospital.
"I see you still have wounds, blood."
Yes, I did. I couldn't get off this habit. I was too weak. My hunger for blood and physical pain sometimes took over me. It was the only one I had left. Maybe I was paranoid, maybe I always overthought everything. This surely brought it to life every time.
The real-life wasn't real. It was like a terrible nightmare. Everything distressed me. It caused panic in me. I didn't have a save place. Nowhere to hide, to flee. I was trapped in the real world, in this nightmare. Walking on these streets was like sleepwalking.
"I can see it, read your mind."
"What?" It snapped me back to my reality.
"Take my hand. I will save you."
I wasn't sure. People warned me about my demon saying this stuff. No matter how nice it may seem, it was still a demon - a dangerous demon. Was it really what I wanted? But something in me made my hand reach out.
"I'm your best friend. Best friends save each other. Come with me."
This definitely wasn't the right decision. But it was the right one for me at that moment. It took my hand and pulled me nearer to it. Its coat opened so I could stand in it too. Suddenly I felt a sting on my wrist and saw blood dripping down on the floor. It was hypnotizing. I looked up at it.
"Thank you best friend." I hugged it.
"You're welcome, best friend. Now we're going to paradise," it said before everything went black.
----------------------------------------------
This took a twist I didn't expect. I didn't expect this at all.
Liv