MarioKart?

Hey!!

IK IM SO BAD. I legit forgot I was supposed to write. Summer brain.

Last chapter tho!!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I heard a knock at the door and I jogged to get it. I opened it and Dan was leaning against the door frame.

"Dan wh--"

"Flower delivery?" He pulled sweet smelling roses from behind his back and I smiled.

"Okay Mr. Smooth, come in," I said. He followed me in for me to put the surprise in a vase. "What are you doing here? Phil told me you were editing all day."

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to get coffee from Cafe Corner," he said, clearing his throat.

"Where?"

"The place we met?" He reiterated.

"Oh...yeah definitely!! I don't know if I'll ever remember that name," I said, chuckling. He laughed awkwardly next to me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, totally, you ready?" He asked.

"Dan, I'm in pajamas," I pointed out and he laughed.

"Hah, yeah of course." I noticed he was dressed a little nicer in the black fuzzy jumper I loved to pet.

"Isn't it a little hot to be wearing that?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I know you like it," he replied and I smiled, my face going rosy. It was summer, almost exactly a year after the whole James punch incident. I wasn't about to forget that, especially since our lives had quieted down. It wasn't it's usual soap opera plot like Dan and I joked about. It was nice.

I gave a hand and disappeared to change. I put on my black jeans and the shirt Dan seemed to like. If he was going to I might as well. I exited and he smiled at me, gripping onto my arm.

"So care to explain the flowers?"

"Can't I just do something nice for my girlfriend?"

"I mean yes, but I was expecting a reason."

"No reason," he replied. We walked out and it was an uncomfortable shift to heat.

"Are you sure you won't sweat to death?" I asked and he shook his head, letting me hold onto his arm. The walk was short, but hot and the coffee shop was no help. "To go?" Dan nodded and he took the cups back outside. I was about to head back to mine but he tugged me back by my sleeve.

"Wait, why don't we go to mine?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows, but shrugged.

"Sure?" I said, taking his hand.

"I was thinking we could play MarioKart," he suggested.

"What about editing?"

"We finished early, don't worry about to love." I let out a hum in response and put my head on his arm. We walked along the route we did the night we met, through a small park and I grinned, remembering Dan tripping and falling on his butt somewhere around here. We laughed for so long.

I remember a bike had whizzed past, almost killing me and I let a string of curses escape my lips to Dan's amusement. That and my obscene hand gestures were a bit much. He didn't seem to mind.

"Do you remember you tried doing a heel kick and spilled your coffee here?" He asked, laughing.

"Oh my God, yes."

"We're the worst oh my God," he replied and I cackled.

"Yes but the 2 worst paired together, it's a wonderful shit storm," I said as we approached the exit to the park and crossing the street.

"The most wonderful,"

After a hot, sweaty walk, we managed to make it upstairs and I collapsed on the carpet, smiling up at him.

"Well? Start up the game so I can crush you!!" I said.

"Oh you think you can crush me?"

"I know so," I smirked and he shook his head, handing me a controller as the familiar tune rang through my ears. Dan of course picked Rainbow Road, the little shit.

"Ahah good luck."

"You little bastard."

"Woah language." I scoffed in response and focused in on my driver. I boosted into the lead almost instantly, but it wasn't too long until Dan passed me, curses exiting my mouth as I spun to the edge.

"Damn fucking bananas, you little squid shit." He only laughed in response. I shot at him with a shell and passed him in the second lap to which he cursed too. "Who's cursing now Danny?"

"SHSHSHS" he called and bumped me off the edge.

"GODDAMN TRACK!!"

"Hah, yeah it's the track, not the driver."

"You shut your mouth you c--" I swerved off the track and I let out a loud grunt. "DAMN IT!"

I pushed back into second, passing Dan with the help of a blue shell.

"NO!"

I won.

"YES!! HAHA!!" I screeched and he just pouted, turning away from me. "Awe wittle baby is sad he lost?" My screen dinged with a message and I glanced to him. "Really? You're DMing me? I'm sitting right here."

I opened the message, noticing a whole set of messages in little paragraphs.

(Y/n),
Congratulations on your win, we all know you're the queen at MarioKart. It was inevitable. From the first time playing with you I knew I'd met my match.

Of course we've had struggles right? No matter what we've been though you're still the greatest person you can be, and I admire you to no end.

I felt my chest burn and my eyes sting with tears. I was tempted to look over at him, but I was too engrossed in the message.

You, my love, are the sole reason why I'm a better person. You get me outside and make me happier as a person, even when I'm just thinking about you.

That's why you're so perfect for me. You know exactly what to say and do when it comes to me and I don't know how you do it, so I promise I'll do my best to do the same for you.

So, please, I need you to know how much you mean to me. You're my everything and I want to spend my life with you.

I felt my eyes widen and the messages had ceased and I turned to look at him. My hands flew to my mouth, tears dripping from my eyes as I saw him kneeling there, ring in hand.

"(Y/n), will you marry me?" My breath caught in my throat and tears spilled from my eyes to my cheeks.

"Oh my God, you're such an idiot," I choked, tackling him in a hug.

"I just had to do it over MarioKart."

"Nerd."

"(Y/n) I love you."

"I love you too."

"So?" I pulled back to look at him and he pushed the tears off my cheeks. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes."

And...............fin

Stay awesome!! I really hope you guys enjoyed this book!! Ily!! Feel free to check out my Voltron Harry Potter AU story if that's at all up ur alley.

~Calymari