Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Shelby's POV

I've been lounging around my house in spandex and a big flowy shirt all day wanting it to be my lazy day when I get a text from Duke and my heart leaps. He wants to meet me at the bench in between our two houses; of course I accept, maybe he wants to get to know me, and I start to get ready. I slip on my dark wash short shorts and my favorite lace shirt over a purple tank top because purple is Duke's favorite color.

I put my phone in my back pocket and walk out my door.

I don't even get to the end of my block when I get a text from my sister. She is getting mad at me for leaving my bedroom door open. She gets mad at me for these types of things all the time. \i just ignore her text and continue walking... That doesn't work out to well, she keeps texting me and it really hurts me when she does this.

I'm almost at the bench but I keep my head down looking at my shoes and continue walking.

Duke's POV

Today was the day. Today was the day I was going to follow thorugh with with my plan and hopefully get Shelby back.

I bite the bullet and go for it; I text Shelby asking if she wants to hang out at the bench between our two houses and now I wait for a reply. After what seems like an eternity I finally hear my text tone go off and see that I got a text from Shelby. I anxiously open it to reveal her response... she said she can. A sigh of relief leaves my lips and I rush to my room to get ready.

I put on Shelby's favorite outfit that I wear and she picked out one day: my plain white T-shirt and light wash jeans. I try to make my hair look the best it can and put on Shelby's favorite cologne. She started walking when she texted me so I have to walk over quickly. I grab my key and walk towards the bench.

When I get about a minute away I see Shelby in the distance and I walk a little faster. As soon as I get a bit closer I see Shelby looking down and she has the expression of sadness and hurt on her face. I walk faster until I walk up to her. Gently, I grab her forearms letting her know I'm in front of her. She looks up at me with hurt and worry in her eyes.

"Shelby, are you okay?" I asked. Even though I know she was going to say she was I know she isn't. It doesn't matter what she says I'm going to try to make her feel better the only way I know how.

"Yeah, I am..." I cut her off.

By kissing her. It's like I'm kissing her for the first time again. My nostrils fill with the scent of her perfume that I just realize now I miss so much.

She seems startled at first but she relaxes eventually and starts kissing me back. Her hands travel to the back of my neck and around it pulling us closer together as she goes up on her tip toes because she's so adorably short.  

We pull away reluctantly as a biker rings his bell telling us to move out of the way. All she does is smile and I find myself smiling too. Both of us lock our eye sight with each others and she finishes her sentance.

"... now."

I did it. I got her back. I now know she does have feelings for me and they never left. We don't break our eyesight for what seems like forever. We are both so intrigued in each others presence that we don't leave echothers side the whole night.

She actually lets me 'sneak in' again and we just watch movies and cuddle like we did before. I start completley ignoring the movie and play with her hair. Shelby smiles in comfort and relaxes even more.

"Duke?"

"Yeah, Princess?"

"I love you too."

************************************************************************************************

Hey readers!

Sooooooo, this is the end. I decided this was an okay way to end the story (I'm still not sure if I like it). Please tell me your thoughts on the entire story and the ending as well.

Thank you guys so much for supporting me through this journey I've taken while writing this book I love all of you <3

I literally can't thank you guys enough!!

Thanks for the journey!

~ Shelby xoxo