Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I find myself sitting on a chair outside of room 249, the room that Skye is in. I hang my head in my hands and exhale loudly. I am waiting for the nurse to come back and tell me she's okay but she's not.

I stand up and look into the window and as I look at Skye's limp body I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Every time I look at Skye laying in that hospital bed I start to realize that my life would never be the same without her.

If I never met Skye I would have never found my best friend. She has shown me so many things that make me a better person. Skye has made me stronger, she has shown me that just because people are talking crap about you, it doesn't make it true. She told me one time when a rumor was going around about me that "it doesn't matter what they think, I know it's not true and I will always be here for you." She also made  me realize that I can be whoever I want, have my own style, not be afraid to laugh and love myself for who I am. She has been there for me through every thing and anything. She was there when I told her I liked Duke, she was there for me when Duke asked me out and when we kissed. Skye has always been there me and when she needed me the most,

I wasn't.

I flinch violently as a hand is placed on my shoulder. I whip my head around and I am greeted to the sight of Renee, Skye's step-mom. Renee and Skye's dad, Derek, both had to come from work so Skye's dad is picking up Lucas, Skye's two year old brother. Renee's eyes are red from previously crying. We share a hug that we both need right now.

She pulls away and goes to hug her husband who has approached us. I try to blink back my tears but two escape as I see Lucas come running down the hallway with a smile on his face. He is oblivious to what is going on, and that's a good thing. He shouldn't know what is happening.

As I spend most of my time at Skye's house either with her or babysitting Lucas so he knows who I am.

He runs up to me with a huge smile on his face, "Shelbyyyy!!" I glad he's happy.

Lucas opens his arms for a hug and I comply, "Hey Lucas. How was your day?"

"Good. Why are we here?" Just a little tidbit: Lucas is a very smart two year old, if you don't want him to know too much you have to be careful what you say. That is why Renee and Derek are staring at me, seeing how I'm going to handle this.

So I start, "Well, Lucas...Skye got hurt and she umm, is here for help."

"Is sissy okay?" Lucas asked.

A tear rolls down my cheek but I wipe it away quickly, "Yeah Lucas, she'll be just fine."

We wait for about another hour before the nurse let's us in to the room and see Skye. Of course, I let Lucas, Renee and Derek in first. They don't spend that much time in there and they let me in.

I walk in slowly and Skye flutters her eyelids, she is barely awake. Skye lifts her arm so I grab her hand and sit in the chair next to her bed. We stare at each other in silence for a minute as the tears threaten to resurface once again. A tear roles down Skye's cheek.

"I'm....so...sorr-"

"Shhh. I don't want you to hurt yourself even more." Now the tears are flowing. I'm not just crying, I'm balling.

"Never do this again, please. I can't explain this Lucas again." I say between weeps. That makes Skye cry harder. She loves her brother, there are no words to explain that.

I rest my forehead on Skye's hand in mine. Skye starts to talk.

"I could never imagine life without you."

***********************************************************************************************************

Hey readers!

Sorry it's been so long! Really busy, dance festivals are stressful.

Anyways, tell me what you think!

Always comment, like, and vote!!!!

Thanks for reading :)

Love you all <3

~Shelby xoxo