Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Shelby's POV

Walking home it is so hard for me. I can't talk to him, I can't hold his hand, I can't kiss his cheek, I can't do anything. He doesn't even know my name. I wore my favorite outfit today to try and make me happier but it didn't work out to well. Nothing has made me happy today.

I'm the type of person to not show my feelings in front of people. If I'm at school, I won't cry, simple as that. I feel like I'm the person that people will come and talk to if they need advice or help with something, if I cry in front of them then they'll think 'oh she has too much stuff going on and has too many problems so I can't talk to her' and I would hate that if people thought that way. I always want people to come and talk to me, even if I can't give you the advice you need. If I have never been through it before I will still support you the best I can. I'm never going to turn someone away just because I don't understand.

The group arrives at the path that Riley leaves at and he calls me over. I skip over to him and he has the most serious look on his face I have ever seen.

"What?" I ask skeptically, very nervous about his answer.

"I think you'll be very happy to hear this," and a smile breaks out on his face which makes me smile, "Duke is talking about you, he wants to get to know you better."

As he said, this does make me happy, overjoyed even. knowing that it's only been a day and I've already got his attention makes me want to jump to the moon and back.

I might get him back soon...

Maybe.

"What's wrong?" Skye asks, me giving me a puzzled look.

I hand her the spoon of Nutella that she has everyday at my house and reply, "nothing." I say simply.

She obviously doesn't believe me by the blank look on her face and the tilt of her head, "really? I know when something is wrong just tell me."

Just thinking about what I was going to say makes my eyes tear up and Skye pulls me into a hug.

"Shelby... I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong." Skye has been through so much but she also knows so much and helps me through everything that has happened to me.

"It's just hard to know that my boyfriend only forgot about me." I still get tingles when I call him my boyfriend not believing it's true because right now it really isn't.

Skye doesn't say anything. She doesn't know what to do, it's not like she's been through it before. Skye just hugs me and let's me cry in her arms.

Duke's POV

Jacob invited all the guys over to his house for a while so Riley, Nick (ugh), Josh, and I are all sitting in Jacob's basement playing video games like the stereotypical teenaged boys.

I'm not playing though, I'm on the couch not paying attention. I can't get Shelby off my mind. I feel like I've met her before, like I've done so much with her but my brain hurts every time I try and remember.

This feeling of knowing her is too strong, too strong to think it's fake. So, where have I seen her before? I'm racking my brain every minute and I finally figure out one moment...

I'm taken back to a nature scenery that I walk past everyday. A path that leads me to the seven eleven, I've just never taken it before. Or so I thought.

I see myself and Shelby walking down this path, it's kind of awkward between us and I get this feeling I'm going to tell her something. I was right. My brain hurts as I'm trying to hold onto the memory. Then I speak,

"Umm, well, uh..." I stuttered, I'm so nervous, but I continue, "Well, when Emily told me that you liked me I was debating myself if I liked you or not. I now know the truth. I like you Shelby, and that's not a lie. Not knowing if you like me back was holding me back from liking you but now that I know you like me it was confirmed. I like you Shelby, and I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?"

Shelby stands there motionless without speaking, "Shelby? Please say something."

"I'm so sorry, I...umm, would love to be your g-girlfriend." She stutters out. She's probably just as nervous as me.

Shelby is my girlfriend?! Holy shit! I can't believe this! I must've forgotten when I fell off my longboard. She was the girl beside my hospital bed and she was the "things" that the doctor said I would forget about. How much did I forget? Well, I forgot she was my girlfriend and I have no memory of her so I obviously forgot all of it. Oh gosh, this is probably so hard for her. What if I didn't remember this? What if I fell for another girl? Shelby would have to see me fall for another girl. Obviously that's not happening. I like Shelby, simple as that.

"Wait, what did you say?" Riley asks me. Oh no, how much of that did I say out loud?

"What do you think I said?"

"I'm pretty sure I heard 'Shelby is my girlfriend' and that's it." Riley replies. Good, I didn't say all of it.

"Well, yeah. I just remembered when I asked her out and she said yes so I don't really know what to do about it now but I do know I like her."

"What do you mean you don't know what to do now."

"I mean, I only remember that part of her, I don't remember any times we've had together. So do I just go up to her and ask her or do I wait until I remember everything?" I reply.

"That's your decision but we will be here for you every step of the way." He answers.

This is so confusing.

*********************************************************************************************

Hey readers!

Sooooo? What did you think? (DUKE FINALLY REMEMBERED YAY!!!)
Do you guys like Duke's POV or just Shelby's?

Let me know :)

Thank you guys so so so much for the +6K reads!!! You guys are amazing!!!

Thanks for reading! Love you all <3

~Shelby xoxo