Chapter One

Chapter One

To Laine:

I miss you a lot! I know it's been three years but still :(

I still miss Laine not being across the driveway from me. Now if I want to see him I have to Skype, if I want to hug him I have to drive 5 hours or a 2 hour plane ride. It hurts. I know we are just friends, but he's one of my best friends.

To Shelby:

I miss you too!

He replies almost instantly.

--

"Ashley, give it back!" I whine. She took my lock to my locker and won't admit she has it. "Ashleeeeeyyyyy...Where'd you put it?"

"I don't have it!" She says guilty with a smirk on her face.

"Fine." I walk up to her locker, unlock it, - we all know each other locker combinations - and find my lock. "Yeah, I don't have it." I mimic her.

She puts her hands up like she's surrendering.

With that the bell rings and we all grab our books. This year sucks for our classes, we are all in different one's. Ashley and Kayla in 97, Skye and Vera are in 95, Matteya is in 98, Delainey is in 92, and I'm in 93. As compared to last year, we are spread out across the 9 grade nine classes there are.

At the end of the day we all come back to our lockers that were right beside each other.

"Heyo potato." Delainey walks up to all of us.

We all walk home together and I normally Skye will come over to my house.

--

Skye and I arrive at my house and go straight to the couch, like normal. We watch T.V for a awhile and then I look down at my phone because it vibrated and I see the text is from Skye, who is sitting across the couch from me. I turn to her.

"You are a pointless human being." I say monotone. Skye starts laughing and once she's laughing I start laughing. "You just ruined my seriousness!" I try to pout but it doesn't work."

Skye's step-mom, Renee, comes to pick Skye up.

Grade nine will hopefully be one of my favorite years. Hopefully I'll get over Laine too. As soon as I say that I get a text, from Laine.

What are you doing? :)

A lot of people, including Skye and Celeste, think that Laine still likes me. I don't. I think he likes someone else and won't tell anyone. Oh well, I don't really like him anymore.

I'm not sure.

*******************************************************************************************************

Hey readers!

How did you like the first chapter?!
I know it probably sucks (I'm not good at writing first few chapters)

Please hang in there with me. I promise it will get better!

Comment/ Like/ Vote

Love you guys so much <3

~Shelby xoxo