Chapter 8: A Dangerous Plan

(Note: I'm making Ethan the same age as Tazi 16/17 for this fic)

The Bunker: 5 years and  3 weeks after Praimfaya

The Bunker was absolute hell, in every sense of the word. The arena reeked of blood and rust, the mess hall was dented and scarred from every "disagreement" imaginable, and many bunks were permanently empty. Blood stained many a wall and an aura of fear, suspicion, and militarism hung over Wonkru like an impending storm.

 That storm's name was Bloodriena. 

No longer Octavia Blake, the girl under the floor, the woman that emerged from the dark years of the past was unlike any terror anyone had ever seen before. So cruel and ruthless she made the coldest Azgedian leader look like Mother Teresa, all touch with humanity lost, save for the young grounder she took under her wing all those years ago. And that very girl, Taziana or Tazi (as she was commonly known) was terrified of the monster and tyrant Octavia Blake had become. Breathless and gasping, Taziana sprinted to the door of Bloodriena's closest advisor, Indra.

"Indra!" she gasped, as she flung open the door, not bothering to knock.

"Tazi?" replied Indra, her voice grave with suspicion, "What is it?"

"It's Octavia!" she exclaimed, and Indra rushed to close the door.

No one EVER called Bloodriena by her former name. Ever. It was a crime punishable by death (by fighting) for everyone, even the people some might once have thought she loved.

"What has she done now?"

"Along with cutting the meals back to one every three days, she is drafting people to fight, anyone! This is the Dark Year all over again!" 

"You're joking," Indra spoke, in a voice that conveyed absolutely no amusement whatsoever. 

"I wish... Indra," she said softly, "You've always been like a second mother or cool aunt to me," The last comment earned a chuckle from Indra, "So I wanted to ask you, as someone who has known Octavia probably the best, is she ever going to come back?"

Indra looked at her sadly, knowing all too well what the question was really asking. 

"What do you mean?"

"Well," Tazi hesitated, "I love Octavia, maybe more than anyone else in the world,"

"Even Ethan?" Indra teased, trying to bring a smile to the girl's worried face.

Tazi blushed crimson, but continued,

 "Yes, well, it's different...but...oh, nevermind!" she stammered. 

Indra laughed, the first real laugh she'd had in a while, a single ray of sunlight amidst a dark backdrop. 

"My point is, I'm really worried about her. I know she loves me...at least, I think I do, but I'm afraid for the path, well, the path that Gaia is leading her down." Taziana cringed, not wanting to offend her, but needing not to censor the truth.

As if she had gained twenty years in the span of the sentence, Indra sighed and sat down on the bed. 

"As am I, Tazi...I love my daughter as much as I love Octavia, or even you for that matter, but I am afraid that they are going down a dark path they will not be able to come back from."

Tazi hung her head, "So you see it too...god, I was hoping you could talk me out of it, tell me I'm crazy or whatever."

"I'm sorry, Tazi." She spoke with sincerity, but it only served to make Tazi feel worse. 

Hanging her head, she sighed, "So what do we do?" 

It was a desperate question with no good answer. 

"I don't know...I...I don't know." 

"Well we have to do something! I-I don't care if Octavia loves me or not, she took me in all those years ago and I won't fail her now!" 

Slamming her fists down on Indra's desk, years of unshed tears started to pool in her eyes and spill down her cheeks in rivers. Suddenly, an  unexpected show of affection caught Taziana off guard, Indra's strong arms were wrapped around her, her hand stroking her hair. 

"I love her too, Tazi, and I will do anything in the world to make sure our Octavia comes back to us." 

Slowly, the sobs stopped and Tazi nodded. 

"Okay." 

All of the sudden, a plan came to mind faster than lightning, a plan that maybe, maybe, could just work.

"Indra!" She gasped, breaking free of the tight embrace.

"What is it?"

"I think I know how to fix this, but it isn't going to be easy. It's something I have to do by myself, and, hell, when I come out of the other side of this, I don't think that I'll...that I'll be me anymore." 

Indra took in a deep breath and looked at her with loving, kind, eyes. 

"What's the plan?" 

And for the next half hour, the two brave women talked through a plan to bring the woman they both loved back, maybe at the cost of their lives. 

Once they had finished, Indra looked her squarely in the eye and said, "You know who you have to talk to now, correct?" 

For a split second, confusion crossed Taziana's face before she realized who she was talking about.

"Ethan." 

Okay, okay, bland chapter, but I do have something planned. You have no idea how long it took to plan out these next two chapters. I literally couldn't think of anything for a week. What do you think of Tazi and Ethan?- I promise couple cuteness in the next chapter as well as an explanation of Taziana's plan. It's dark, people die, sacrifices are made, loved ones are lost, it is The 100 after all.  

Also, don't think of these chapters as flashbacks because even though they affect present day Wonkru, the effects of her plan will still be fairly new. I have a pretty good (high-stakes) reunion of all characters in mind (and plenty of Bellarke)!

The next chapter will be up super soon, I promise (I'm working on it now)!

-RavenReyes0G