Chapter 3: Beneath the Floor

The day of Praimfaya
In the Bunker:

Octavia placed the radio on the table with a heavy sigh. "May we meet again," she said, speaking only to the air. She prayed for her brother's voice to crackle out of the radio one last time but she was greeted with silence. Octavia put her head in her hands and sighed. Beyond the thin metal door stood 1,200 people awaiting her command. Where to go, where to eat, where to sleep, what jobs to do. They looked at her like she knew what was going on all because she won a stupid battle. Not even. She'd be long dead if it weren't for Illian and Roan. "How am I going to do this?" she thought, a sinking feeling of despair cementing itself in the pit of her stomach. She discovered a new found respect for Bellamy and Clarke, leading was not always as straightforward as she had once thought. She hoped they had made it, they needed each other, that much she knew. Her heart ached to think of her brother, but she had to put feelings aside. Raven would get them all into space, she had to. All of the sudden, the metal door swung open and Indra stepped inside, expressionless.

"It is time," Her face was that of a warriors but her voice had an underlying layer of tenderness. "I know you're tired, but we have to focus on the chosen now. Twelve hundred people are awaiting your orders. When to eat, where to sleep, how to live. The unrest will turn to violence, I have seen it before. You need to lead them."

Octavia looked down at the table, thinking back to what Bellamy said, hating the feeling of helplessness overcoming her in a wave. 

"That's what my brother said." She stood up and walked over to face her mentor. The woman who taught her to become what she became, the best warrior, disciplined and strong. Still, the concept of leading almost entirely eluded her. 

"Indra, I'm not a commander." 

Indra looked up, something flashing behind her eyes. Resolution, maybe. 

"The time of the commanders is past," She looked her in the eyes, a mentor passing along her last knowledge. "The time of the flame is past. This is your time." 

Octavia looked down, almost unwilling to accept the inevitable truth. 

"Let me help you." She held out something in the palm of her hand, and with a start, Octavia realized it was the commander's emblem. The very one Lexa had worn. "Commanders help me," She thought.

Octavia pushed the thin metal door open wide. She was greeted with the low chattering of 1,200 people. "Lead, Octavia," She thought, her stomach churning. "Be the warrior and the leader." The commander's mantle grew heavy on her shoulders.

The room grew silent with the realization of her presence. "This is it." Her voice was low, but there was no need to shout, the room was heavy with the silence of relief and grief. "We are all that remains of the human race." She paused, suddenly knowing what to say, the truth. "I'm not going to lie to you, the next five years won't be easy. There will be days where we wish we were out there right now. But I promise you, if we stand together, if we are Wonkru, then Kom folau, oso na gyon op." 

The chant spread throughout the room, "Kom folau, oso na gyon op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op."

Then Praimfaya rolled in. 

Okay, so, this was basically a recap of what we saw in Praimfaya. Buuuttt, I felt like I needed this so here it is. I'll probably be fast forwarding a bit in the next few chapters. I really want to get to Madi! And reunions. Definitely those. Tell me what you thought/predictions for Wonkru! 

-RavenReyes0G