9

Maddie once again woke up late, this time so later her brother was waking her up

Maddie once again woke up late, this time so later her brother was waking her up. She felt her shoulders shake and he body jolted forward making Maddie and Zach bump their heads against one another and groan in pain. As they both seperate, one falling back against the bed one standing up straight, they hold their heads then stop. "Mads five minutes hurry up." Zach says as he walks out with his backpack on his back and his practice bag on his right shoulder. Maddie quickly got up changing into an oversized outfit that made her body seem even smaller, threw her hair into a messy bun, and put on Nike slides. Maddie grabbed her bags and ran out to Zachs car when she throws her things into the backseat the front door to their house opens catching Maddie and Zachs attention. "Madison-" Their mother starts but Maddie corrects her. "Maddie."

"I need to talk to you when you get home." She says and Maddie nods her head closing the back door and getting in the front seat as Zach begins to go backwards out of the driveway. After a few minutes of silence Zach was the first to speak. "Mads you need to stop listening to them." He says, he cared for his sisters well being and he didn't know how far she was in but it couldn't be that far. "You know I have to finish them." Maddie says looking over to her brother though he kept his eyes on the road. He had an arguement ready but he wasn't going to use it, he knew, deep down he knew she needed to listen to them. The silence grew again.

Maddie and Zach got out of the car both with a Mcdonalds bag in hand, Maddie with an iced coffee, and their bags as they walk into the tables where the boys sat. As soon as the bags hit the table the boys were wrestling for the bags trying to get their meal first but Maddie handed Justin his sandwich and hashbrown which he smiles and takes saying a thanks.

Maddie seemed to zone out after that tired and none of the boys messed with her due to the fact that her appreance showed she was not in the mood. Justin was the one to shake her out of it when the bell ran which made her walk to her first class in a daze.

When she made it to her seat in the back of the class she popped in her earbuds and started the next tape as she sipped on her coffee.

"You've heard of the butterfly effect, right? That is a butterfly flaps its wings at just the right time in just the right place it can cause a hurricane thousands of miles away." Hannahs voice sounded through her earbuds and her statement made Maddies eyebrows furrow. She knew each opening statement tied in with the tape so she just let it play out waiting to hear the rest though, just like the other tapes, there was a weight on her shoulders that made it painful as she waited not knowing if it was hers or not.

"It's chaos theory. But, see, chaos theory isn't excatly about chaos. It's about how a tiny change in a big system can affect everything. Chaos theory. Sounds dramatic, but it's not. Ask a mathematician. Or better yet ask someone who's been in a hurricane. Alex Standall." The name had taken the weight off her shoulders yet tightened her chest, she knew Alex, he was friends with the guys. Had everyone she'd been friends with heard her tape? Did all of her friends have a tape? She didn't understand. How could she not see all of this. She hit play once again trying to put her questions to ease though they still floated in her head.