Chapter 17

It has been a week since I last saw him -since we have returned back to the real world. A world full of violence and cruelty. Although I am glad to not see his face, it breaks my heart to know that he doesn't seem to care about me, and our 'relationship'. I admit that is something less than a relationship, but what else am I supposed to call it?
    Nevertheless, my mother is well and getting better. The doctors were able to slow down the growth of the tumor and now on their way to decrease it. I visited her earlier, before school. My heart broke to see her locks slowly falling, but we both know the consequences for a good health.
    Diana's singing disturbed my peace, as she sang the name game loudly. Entering the quiet and solemn house with her loud and obnoxious singing.
    "Anna-banana, get down here. I have food," she sang.
    Just as she said food, my stomach let out a growl, signing how hungry I am. I smiled at the sight of my best friend carrying chinese takeout.
    "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you," I pulled her into a tight hug, it has been a week since I've had a proper meal and boy was I tired. I've only been eating cereal bars and some energy bars to stay alive. Pretty sure I lost how many pounds already.
    "Come on, I'm your best friend. I can't let you be thinner than I am, eat," she teased, bumping me with her hip as she pass me a chopstick. Without second though I devour myself to the bowl of honey walnut shrimp and fried rice. I moaned in delight.
    "Panda express is the best," I commented with my mouth full.
    "Hey Dee, we need to leave in 30. I need to attend a meeting at 6," familiar voice interrupted my eating. My chewing stopped, as I swallow what I was eating whole to the point of choking.
    I was scared to turn around and see his godly face. Yes he is hot, but I know better.
    I placed my hand on my throat, as I swallow my own saliva. And within that movement, I felt my heartbeat quicken. The approaching footstep got louder as he nears me. My throat runs dry with each step he took. My face heat up and my eyes grew watery from reminiscing what he had done to me. He knew I was fragile. He knew I was weak. He took advantage of me as if I was some toy. My eyes raged with fire, everything seemed blurry.
His warm hands and cold rings found its way to my shoulder, in which a flinched. I looked up to find Dee staring right at me. And back to her so called father, whom still have his heavy hand on my shoulder.
He patted me as if I was some dog.  
"Anna, you okay?" concern laced in her voice as she asked me that simple question. And with that, I broke down.
    Everything turned into a blur, so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything around me was nothing but a blob. I tried to hold back my tears and cries, but couldn't. Tears fell from my eyes like a dam, spilling down all over my face. I felt my chin trembled as if I was a small child yet again. And maybe that is what I am. My breathing increased, I gasped for air as if I was drowning. My throat burned from crying. A part of me is dying, yet I felt relieved to have cried.
    Suddenly, I was pulled into a hug.
    Frail arms wrapped around me and pulled me close, rubbing my arms. Despite how uncomfortable I felt sitting on a stool being hugged by someone. This small and simple gesture made me feel happy.
    My eyes flutter open, to have Dee on my side hugging me. I looked back to find it empty.
    I looked back to find him gone. Gone for god knows how long.
    "Dad is out the front, he said that he will be waiting for me in the car," she leaned on my shoulder, as she continue to hug me.
    "Why don't you stay with us? I don't think you are stable enough to be living on your own, dad and mom will understand," she whispered, before letting me go. I nodded my head weakly, too tired to argue and say no. And she's right I am not stable enough to be living by myself.
    I helped her pack the food we were just eating and made our way down outside. To the car in which a man I fear awaits for our arrival.
---
FIRST OFF. I want to say how THANKFUL I AM and HONORED to have reached 100k reads. Let alone a 100 reads. I honestly did not expect this book to reach such a high amount of reads. I'm also sorry for being in a tangent, I just didn't have the motivation to write nor have any better ideas. So slowly, the story of this book will go to a different rode. I don't know yet, but it's very different from what was originally planned. Again thank you for reading my books and for waiting. And I'm very sorry for not updating.