New Novel concept: Horror/Sci-Fi

Hello to my tens of faithful readers to check out this journal, today I’d like to discuss a sci-fi / horror concept novel I’ve thought of writing for quite some time now.  This novel would be a pg-13 entry designed for the Watty Awards in either sci-fi or horror.  I’m writing this entry to see if anyone thinks posting this story up (after finishing I Survived the Brute posts) as my first complete horror novel is a good idea.  I’ve written many short stories, why not try an entire novel?

The idea behind this book came from a prompt I got declined to participate in, probably because the idea of the prompt was a comedy and I took it more seriously and turned it to horror.  Anyways, here I’ll just post the blurb and title it would most likely have.

The Q's

107 years ago the planet was invaded and humanity suffered a massive and humiliating defeat, 98% of its population was abducted and mysteriously returned not quite human anymore, all within a week. The remaining two percent was forced to hide amongst the shadows of the humans they used to know.  The problem is now no one remembers the war, the devastation, or the massive abduction.  No one remembers the invasion or who were the lucky few to escape it, not even those who did escape.  No one remembers except Merlock Franz.

Follow his struggle to save humanity from a war it doesn’t remember and his fight against an enemy no one has ever seen or even believes exist.  Merlock and his family will shoot for the stars in a single daring attempt to challenge the massive unknown.  Anyone could be an enemy, even themselves.  Best sleep with one eye open… 

(plot on the story)

Merlock Franz stumbles across an inactive alien fleet stationed behind Mars. He’s able to sneak aboard one of the currently uninhabited vessels at the edge of the intergalactic parking lot and after resetting mainframe tricks its AI into thinking him and all future passengers were in fact the aliens it’s meant to harbor.  Merlock returns to Earth determined to vouch the truth but quickly realizes no one trusts him and everyone thinks he’s crazy. 

He finds a small loyal group to gift the alien craft to and goes out ahead in his original spaceship to scout.  The book mainly follows the crew of the spaceship as they travel into deep space to free humanity from chains no one knows or believes exist.  They also seek to find the horrible truth of what happened to all the humans abducted and if the atrocious process no one remembers is in any way reversible. 

No one can be trusted, not even their friends, not even themselves, and not even the ship they are destined to travel on.

The book would be written as a third person narrative and follow the characters of the main spacecraft.  With occasional (very few) excepts from the past as they crew discovers what really happened and if they can revert it.

This novel would mainly be a space opera trying to discover what happened to the humans.  It will be set as a horror with no one being able to trust anyone else, even now anyone on the crew could be one of the fakes (often refered to as The Q's.  Furthermore there is a rumored psychopath stowaway onboard, a mysterious man frozen in cyros, and the AI could at any time discover the crew has been faking its authenticity as Aliens.

Good luck to them.  They'll need it.