Chapter 2 - The Party Plan

I flung off my white button down shirt and tan riding pants that were clinging to my skin drenched in sweat and made my way in the shower. I let the warm beads of water run down my body taking my tears with them. Mascara that was crusted on smeared down my face as I bring my hands up to feel if my eyes had started to swell. All I could think about was him and how much I wanted him. Did it really matter what he had said? Of course it did it makes him a jerk! Why did he have to be so hot? I think to myself.

The rest of the shower I was stuck in a tug of war with myself. After a while of this battle a shiver ran down my spine as the water became cold and I realize I have been in the shower way to long. I quickly turned off the water and run back to my bedroom. I text my friends inviting all of them to the party tonight and later back to my house. I'm not popular enough? Not pretty enough? I think to myself angrily. I'll show him!

After hours of digging through my closet I find a tight, velvet, black dress. Perfect! I say holding it up to examine it's skimpy outline. I step through the top and pull it up slipping my arms through the straps. I admire myself in the mirror for a couple minutes feeling sexy yet slightly narcissistic. The dress pushes up my chest and cinches around my waist giving me the hourglass figure I wish I had normally. Pulling myself away from one mirror to the next, I sit myself down in front of my worn black vanity and start to apply a subtle Smokey eye and top it off with a sexy red matte lip. I picture him drowning in his own regret with every decision I make, because that is what is going to happen right? I feel myself start to zone out in the mirror. I can see him lean through and whisper how much he regrets telling me everything he did today. I can feel his hand slide around my waste and his bicep brush against the soft fabric of my dress hugging in my hips as a slow song comes on. I lean in to allow myself to feel his lips with mine but am greeted with a sharp thud to my head against the shiny glass surface.
While mentally pulling myself out of my Day dream I hear my mom call for me from downstairs.
"Kenna! Kenna! Becca is here to pick you up! I'm leaving for the night now! Be safe!"

With that I throw on my pumps and hobble my way down the stairs where Becca is waiting for me at the bottom.

Leaning back Becca belts out "Ready to paaaartaaayyy?!"
"Wooooo yaaaa" I scream back.

She then grabs my wrist and drags me out to the car blasting music loud enough for the entire neighborhood to hear leaving a nasty ringing in the quiet behind. I sway my head back and forth singing along feeling the beat vibrate the chair beneath me. Pulling up to the club I feel like Im going to have a seizure from all of the flashing lights. I hand the guards my invite and walk in ignoring Becca's flirtatious bantering with them. I check in my bag and notice the amount of eyes that seem to be following me when I move.

"Damn Kenna actually lookin hot!" whistled a couple of guys as I entered the dance floor.

I rolled my eyes and strutted past them. I wasn't here for any of them. I wasn't even here for myself. I was here for him. My eyes scanned the floor looking to see a glimpse of what might be him.

Then it happened. He walked by me like I didn't exist. Yet I saw him and he saw me. I felt my stomach crawl up my throat as I moved myself next to where he was dancing and started dancing myself. I started to wave my body up and down to the beat of the music until he stopped and made his way over. This is it! He is going to lose it! I thought excitedly feeling especially proud of my plan. It's funny how fast my pride can crumble before my eyes.