[xxiii] sneaky bitch

I checked my phone as Damian and I arrived at the location of Magnus's layer. No texts. Which meant Clary was still not back with the blood. 

Hopefully, I would be successful in getting Magnus to help us.

We walked in without any trouble. "Your security is trash." I informed Magnus as we stepped inside. He was standing by his bar fixing himself a drink. 

He turned around and grinned. "I knew you were coming."

I raised an eyebrow. "How did you-" And then I realized. "Oh. Magic."

"Who's this?" Magnus gestured to Damian who was currently standing behind me, unsure of how to act.

"My sidekick." I replied, to which Damian scoffed.

"My name is Damian Kyle." He spoke for himself. "I am part of her pack."

"Ah." Magnus smirked at me. "Have you moved on from Alec already?"

My eyes widened as he said this. Why did he have to bring up Alec right now?

"Who's Alec?" Damian's voice hardened, turning to me. "Are you dating someone?"

"...Was I not supposed to say that?" Magnus asked innocently. "Oops."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Evil. 

I turned to Damian. "Why do you even care? We're not together anymore."

"That doesn't mean I want you to date someone else. I still have hope for us."

"Yeah well I flushed that hope down the drain as soon as your body parts touched that blood-sucking hoe's." 

Damian coughed uncomfortably, probably because Magnus was right there watching (and enjoying) our fight. "I'm trying to make up for that."

"Look, we don't have time for this." I turned to Magnus. "We need your help."

Magnus sighed. "Bummer. I was enjoying this." I rolled my eyes. "What do you need?"

"Jace got bit by a demon and he's too weak to fight the poison. Do you have anything that could help?" I inquired.

"Mm... I may have something that can slow the poison down. But what he really needs is fresh blood so he can heal with runes."

"Yeah, they were out of stock at the supermarket." I shrugged.

Magnus glared at me before searching into one of his drawers. "I can give you this for now. It will buy you a few more hours to find blood." He said, showing me a vile of funky green liquid.

"Thank you." I held out my hand for it.

"Not so fast." Magnus shook his finger at me. "It's not free, love. You're gonna have to pay a price."

"What price?" I groaned. 

Magnus thought for a moment, before his eyes lit up. "Kiss Damian."

I could feel Damian smirking at that.

"Ha. No." I objected. "What else?"

"Nothing else. Do it." Magnus insisted.

"This is ridiculous! I'm trying to save Jace's life here." Why was I getting attacked for doing a good deed?

"And my tv is broken and I need some entertainment." Magnus retorted. "Now, go on."

I frowned. But what else could I do?

I turned to face Damian, who, as expected, was smirking. "You better not read into this."

"I won't make any promises." He replied.