[xv] friendzoned

I cursed at Luke and Clary under my breath the whole way to meet Simon. And I couldn't forget Alec. Oh no. I had a special set of curses for him too.

I just couldn't believe they would leave me out of this. I mean, I was helpful!

Well... sucks for them. Now I had a another friend to worry about.

I got out of the cab once it reached the park where Java Jones had its food truck. And sitting at one of the tables they had set out was Simon. And he was... Touching his teeth?

"Err... Got something in your teeth?" I commented as I sat in the empty chair in front of him, eyeing him oddly.

Simon removed his fingers out of his mouth, embarrassed. "I was checking for fangs." He explained.

"Oh... right. That makes total sense now." I rolled my eyes at his foolishness. "Not."

"Mia, this is serious. I have urges I didn't have before and-" His speech was interrupted by the waitress who arrived with Simon's order.

"A coffee." She stated as she placed the respective drink kettle on our table with a teacup. "And a garlic bagel with extra garlic." You have got to be kidding me...

"Extra garlic?" I raised my eyebrows at him once the waitress left. "Simon you're being ridiculous. Not to mention your breath will stink so bad..." I felt the need to add that, shivering at the thought of garlic breath.

"I have to know if I'm turning into a vampire." He persisted with this absurd theory.

"And you think overdosing on garlic will tell you?" I laughed. "Dude, you're not a vampire. If you were you wouldn't even be able to be out in the sunlight." I gestured to the rays of sunshine above us.

"How do you explain everything else then!" He spoke dramatically. I shook my head as I reached for the kettle. I needed caffeine.

"Ah!" I cried as the object burned me. "Hot."

Simon stared at the kettle, then back at me, then did something stupid. He reached out and full on wrapped his hands around the kettle.

I eyed him as he did so, both impressed and freaked out. "...How are you not burning yourself?" I furrowed my eyebrows. That thing was scalding hot.

"This is what I've been trying to tell you." Simon clarified. "I can do things I couldn't do before and..." He trailed off, removing his hands from the kettle, and using them to pick up the garlic bagel.

I stared in disgust as he took a large bite.

Simon munched through it, tasting the garlic in his mouth, and looked relieved. "I still love garlic." But as he spoke I saw blood coming out of the side of his mouth.

"Uh... Simon?" I pointed at his face where the blood was oozing out, and with a puzzled face he picked up the kettle to stare at his reflection.

"What the..." He touched the blood with his hand. It had dried already, thank god, and was very little. "What's happening!" He panicked, his arms flying everywhere.

"Okay, calm down, maybe you lost a baby tooth." I suggested.

"I'm eighteen." Simon pointed out, still freaking.

Right. Probably not the best explanation.

"Look all I know if that you can't be a vampire. There's a whole process to it." I wasn't sure exactly what it was but I was certain Simon wasn't one of them. I would have smelt it on him. Right now all I smelled was garlic.

"I'm scared." Simon admitted, and I placed a hand on his in comfort.

I was about to open my mouth to reassure him further, but I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. "One sec." I said as I pulled out my cellphone, placing it to my ear. "Yellow?"