Chapter 8: My Queen

Start from the beginning

Karen looked at me then Maya then me and Maya before finally resting on me.

"What happened," she asked lowly.

"Ringing," I gasped still out of breath from screaming, "Loud."

"What the hell are they talking about," The Deputy asked.

Then there was another loud pitch coming from outside.

Except this was a scream. A terrified girl scream.

I glanced at Karen before everyone got up and ran to the back door. I opened the door and the smell of blood hit my noes.

I glanced at Kelsey and Lea and I saw there fangs extend.

They both sped to the forest when they froze. I saw Elizabeth with a raised hand and she had them stopped mid-step.

Val and Nina sat there awe-struck.

"You have got to teach me that," Val said.

Ha, must be a witch thing.

I wouldn't know anything about that stuff.

I'm a werewolf and an Empath.

I don't care much at my Empathetic powers though.

It's not like I'm really strong with them.

Karen told me that Empath's are usually caring beings giving them the power to remove pain or feeling.

But some Empath's who are powerful can be evil. They can suck a persons feelings away and just leave them a shell of a person.

Isn't that just... nice..

I look to Elizabeth and then to Kelsey and Lea who look like freaking psychopaths... Well they are attracted to blood really badly... so...

I ran out toward the woods following the smell of blood. I navigated my way easily throughout the thick underbrush.

I stumble upon a clearing with a girl lying in it. She may be a little older then me. Probably in her twenties.

"Please. Help me," she says as I stumble towards her.

"Please, it hurts."

I felt my throat constrict in sympathy. I couldn't help her, but I could take away her pain. 

I grabbed her hand and called on my weak empathetic powers that were lying somewhere inside me.

Blackness coursed up from her veins into mine.

I felt the pain hit me like running into a brick wall.

"Mmmm," I groaned in pain.

"You know there's nothing you can do," a voice close to me said.

I jumped away from the girl and looked back to see somebody who looked a lot like John and Henry White.

"Joseph," I said lowly.

He looked at me and gave me a pleased smile, "I'm glad to see you know who I am."

"Yeah, the out of control vampire for hire came up," I sneered at him.

He scowled at me and said, "Who said I was out of control maybe I just like acting like this."

I tilted my head to the side, "There could be truth to that."

I walked toward him. I should end this once and for all.

"Ehh ehh ehh," he said pulling at a tube like thing.