'Missing you comes in waves. Tonight I'm drowning.'

Start from the beginning

A large clap of thunder caused her to jump a mile. It was unseasonably warm for January in Atlanta. And this huge thunderstorm was also out of character. Seconds later you could hear the sky open and the rain pound on the roof of the restaurant. Laney swung open the huge wooden bathroom door as another rumble of thunder caused the building to shake and a crack of lighting knocked the electricity out for a split second. In the flash she saw Tom standing outside the bathroom door his eyes meeting hers.
"Are you ok?" His voice was soft.
"Of course." She snapped pushing past him.

He gently grabbed her arm pulling her back "Talk to me."
"No. I'm doing just fine not talking to you." She shrugged her arm free.
"Sitting next to me pretending I don't exist is not fine."
"It is to me." She smirked.
"I know you deserved more-" He tenderly placed his hand on her arm.
"You don't get to tell me what I deserve. And you definitely don't get to touch me." She removed his hand from her arm.

She made a beeline back to their table only to find everyone was pretty much gone.

"Where is everyone? How long was I back there?"

"The storm coming in is supposed to be really nasty." Jeremy explained. "Everyone's trying to get home before it gets any worse."

"It's gonna get worse than this?" Laney's eyes grew wide.

Scarlett nodded and pulled the weather radar up on her phone which showed a lot of green with even more red and orange. Translation major bad weather.

"Am I riding with you?" Laney asked Jeremy.

"I'm gonna stay and help Scarlett get everything cleaned up. But you can wait. I don't know what it'll be like outside though when we leave."

Laney shuddered and turned to Chris "What about you?"

Chris wrinkled his nose regretfully, "I'm staying to."

"Where's Tommy?" She looked around.

"Downey is having everyone, who wants to, come back to his place. Tommy is on the Downey party bus with Seb and Mackie."

"They left me?!"

Laney had a huge fear of bad weather. When she was 7 she spent a summer in Florida with her grandmother and it had been one of the worst hurricane seasons they had ever had. Since then she couldn't stand to be out in bad weather.

"Take the car with me." Hiddleston offered.

Laney opened her mouth but didn't say anything. Her head spinning a little from the wine and minor anxiety spreading over her from the weather she knew she didn't have any other choice unless she went alone which wasn't an option. And waiting on Chris, Scarlett and Jeremy wasn't an option because she was to scared to have to drive home in worse weather.

Laney looked at Scarlett who nodded. "I will call you."

Laney's head dipped hesitantly. "Ok well......Happy birthday Jeremy." She hugged him tightly.

"Thank you. Take a balloon." He laughed handing her one

"Parting gift." Scarlett laughed as Laney hugged her.

She got to Chris and hugged him as well. A shiver went up her spine as his arms wrapped around her.

Tom and Laney walked out front and Tom pointed at the dark suv that had been his ride to the restaurant.

They rushed through the rain getting soaked, their wet clothes trying to unsuccessfully slide across the sticky car seat.

Tom told the driver which hotel Laney was staying at before leaning back in his seat.