Epilogue

Over the next few months, Mikey slowly rebuilt his relationship with Pete. As his days got less and less busy and the commotion died down, he found that he had more time to spend time with both his housemates. For convenience, he started sleeping in Pete's bed every night. As his life settled down and he had the time and energy to start a relationship with Pete, he wanted to take things slow, and Pete was aware of that. The most they ever did at night was cuddle and had the occasional midnight conversation about whatever was on their minds. Somehow, it felt even more intimate than anything Mikey had ever done with anybody else. 

Frank and Gerard started going out officially about two weeks after they met in the bar. Frank would hang out in the apartment sometimes, and he had the same taste as the rest in videos and music and art. The four of them got along really nicely, better than anything Mikey could have expected.

One night, Gerard was out on a date with Frank, and Mikey and Pete were sprawled on the couch, a mess of Mikey's bony limbs and Pete's more toned ones, watching animations projected from Mikey's Messenger. It was a typical evening for the both of them. Earlier, they had cooked themselves a dish that Pete's mother used to make when he was young for dinner. Cooking together was another thing they loved doing whenever they had the time. Neither of them were particularly good at it, and Pete had a tendency to spill anything that came in a powder, which would make Mikey sneeze uncontrollably, which then would make Pete laugh and spill some more, and the cycle would continue. Somehow the meals always came out edible, and sometimes, they were surprisingly good. Although, maybe that was just because they knew how much work had gone into making it and they just forced themselves to appreciate it.

Now, though, Mikey was trying to escape Pete's grip as they wrestled playfully. The video was completely forgotten, and they couldn't even listen if they wanted to, because they were laughing so loudly. After a few minutes, the projection turned itself off, sensing that it wasn't being watched anymore. Finally, Pete got Mikey down on the ground, pinning him down and counting to ten like in actual wrestling match as Mikey kicked his calves. Once he got to ten, he planted a kiss to Mikey's mouth, and Mikey kissed back as he stopped kicking. Pete let go of his wrists, knowing that the game was over and not wanting to make Mikey feel unsafe. When Pete went to pull away, Mikey pulled his head back down to kiss him some more. 

Pete was definitely the best kisser Mikey had ever had the pleasure of kissing. Not that the list was long at all, Mikey could count the people he had kissed on one hand, but Pete knew just how to match Mikey's rhythm, he knew just when to let Mikey control what was going on and when to take control himself. Pete would kiss him like it was a promise: a promise to love him, to always be there for him, to keep going. Every time, Mikey felt like he was walking on the fucking moon.

Mikey tried to return the love he was feeling in the way he kissed Pete. He cupped his jaw with his right hand, rubbing circles right under his cheekbone, feeling the stubble there. His other hand rested on Pete's back, feeling the warmth of his skin through his shirt. When Pete pulled away slightly for air, he could feel him smile and couldn't help but smile too. 

Pete was more aggressive when he reconnected their lips, biting and pulling and letting Mikey sick his tongue in his mouth. He hummed when Mikey moved his hand lower to get under his shirt to scratch at his back. Mikey's other hand moved to Pete's head to clutch at his hair, which Pete always had a thing for. Even if they had never done anything below the belt, they still knew a lot about each others' bodies from times like these where they ended up just breaking apart. When that happened, Pete was never visibly disappointed, though Mikey felt a little guilty that he still wasn't ready.

Now, though, something was different. Maybe it was the time of night, maybe it was what they had done right before, maybe it was just that Mikey was finally ready, but Mikey didn't hesitate to press his hips up into Pete's thigh, letting Pete feel his half hard dick. Pete responded by grinding his own hips down. Mikey could tell he was just about as hard as he was.