"My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by Cyberlife."Beth felt a sudden compulsion to roll her eyes."Okay.. and why are you talking to me..?" She gave the android a annoyed, yet slightly curious look.

"I've been assigned to work with your father and you on all cases involving androids.. deviants specifically."Beth raised a brow at the android, honestly hoping that it was joking.. even though she was pretty sure androids didn't or rather couldn't joke.

"You're joking, right..?" She tried anyway, even though she was pretty sure what the answer was going to be."I'm afraid not, Detective."Beth rolled her eyes again, before she let out another sneeze. She wiped her nose, before looking back up at the android.

Its deep brown eyes were already looking down at her, meeting with her baby blue orbs as she looked up. Beth could've sworn that it looked a little annoyed, but also a little concerned. That little bit of emotion went away as quickly as it had come, and the android looked emotionless once again.

"Where's Lieutenant Anderson?"Connor suddenly asked, its LED flashing yellow. Beth let out a sigh, "Probably still sleepin'.. although, if we see him before noon, that'd definitely be a damn miracle."Beth reached a hand up to tighten her ponytail, something she knew she would regret later.

Beth honestly wanted this android to go the hell away, but knew she would need to talk to Fowler, so there would even be a chance of that happening."It's approximately 10:30 a.m., so he is very late for work.. is this normal for Lieutenant Anderson?"

Beth sighed, sadness washing over her. She knew that most of the time, her father came in late because of hangovers. Occasionally, he had just slept in.. but it was mostly because of his late night drinking sessions.

"Unfortunately.. yes it is..."Beth honestly wanted to just ignore the android, turning back around to face her desk in her chair."There is no case currently to investigate.. is there anywhere I could sit?"Beth glanced up at him, looking annoyed.

She knew her father was going to grill her for this later, but she pointed at the empty desk that was connected to her father's own very cluttered desk. The android, to Beth's relief, didn't say anything more, walking over to the desk she had pointed to.

Beth once again took to leaning her head against her hand, resuming her previous task of note taking. She honestly felt like shit, and knew that she had definitely caught a cold. It was her own damn fault for going out into the rain, and getting soaked to the bone because she hadn't brought an umbrella.

"Beth, in my office..!"She dropped her pen, flinching in response to Fowler's yell. She sighed, letting out another sneeze and wiping her nose. Beth walked into the Captain's office, holding her head in one hand. She already had a pounding headache, but his loud tone made it even worse.

"Detective, I assume you've already met the android?" He motioned towards Connor, which gave her a fright, because she hadn't even realized that he-- it had followed into the office, and was now standing behind her."I have, actually..."She glared at it, obvious annoyance and slight hatred evident in her expression.

"Save your hatred for outside your job, Detective." Jeffrey Fowler didn't look to be in the mood for her complaints. Luckily for him, she wasn't her father, so she quickly shut her mouth, preventing all the complaints from coming out.

Hank definitely wouldn't have bit his tongue.. he'd be vocal about his complaints and even actively do things that, if another officer did them, would get him fired."Sorry, Captain..." Beth looked apologetic, realizing that taking out her anger on her Captain wasn't a wise idea.

The Captain simply sighed in response,"I understand your feelings, Beth.. I really do, but you can't let them get in the way of your job... Your father and you are two of my best officers, I'd hate to see either of you lose your job over this."Beth nodded in understanding.

"Is that all, Jeffrey..?" Beth decided to drop the professionalism for a second, since the Captain had as well. Jeffrey nodded in response, and Beth took that as an indicator to leave his office."One more thing." Beth turned back, confusion flickering in her eyes.

"Please prevent your father from destroying the android.. it's a very expensive model."Beth sighed at that but nodded in acceptance,"I will do my best, Captain." She glanced over to Connor, meeting its eyes for a moment. It was standing there motionlessly, its LED glowing yellow.

"C'mon.. let's introduce you to Dad..." Beth said to it, as she spotted her father's form through the clear, glass walls of Jeffrey's office. He looked as disheveled as he always did, honestly not looking even remotely ready for work.

"Mornin' Daddy."Beth greeted her father, who smiled at her tiredly, in response. Even as grumpy as he usually was, he always had a soft spot for his only daughter. His expression softened at seeing his daughter, until his eyes fell on Connor's form standing still, behind her.. which made his features immediately harden, his eyes steeling.

"What the f*ck is this?!"Beth winced, knowing that she would have a hell of a headache later. She knew this would be hell.. her father wasn't fond of androids, although unlike her simple negativity towards them, her father was downright hostile when it came to androids.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

This wasn't too different from the original, except for the timeline. I decided to change it, because I agree with other people, that the android revolution, peaceful or not, wouldn't have started and finished in one week, or even two weeks; which was the timeline I had chosen for my story. I debated against adding in Connor's first mission, and didn't add it, but I'll write it if you guys want me to.

I'd honestly like some feedback about this, as well as any suggestions for the rest of the rewrite. I won't be deleting the chapters, rather; I'll be simply unpublishing them then uploading the rewritten part in its place. I've also heard about this fictional disease known as Hanahaki disease, which I have decided to add into the story.

Do you guys wanna see the gap in between now and November.. or would you rather I just skip to November..?

Thanks for reading,

Talleybear.

*Warning to new readers: this rewritten chapter is slightly different, so keep that in mind when you read the next chapters before they are rewritten.*