Chapter 32

For your sake, my dear readers, I have no true author's note this time.
____________________________________

        The train ride to Altera only made Ciel's sense of urgency increase. "Ciel, do you think that there would be any survivors of an explosion large enouch to destroy a whole city?" Lu asked him casually as the train began to come to a stop.

        "No, Lu. I don't think there would be any survivors. No one should have been caught in this explosion anyway. Apple sent Eve confirmation that the city residents were all evacuated long before the bomb began its countdown," Ciel replied.

        "I never did say anything about Altera now did I? You never know. Something could have happened and someone could have still been in the city," Lu said. They got off of the train and immediately searched for their other teammates that were already here in what was left of Altera. When they did find them, they were both put on a search team for any civilians caught in the explosion although it was highly unlikely according to what they knew. They were also asked by Apple to find Q-Proto if there was anything left of her. Apparently, Q-Proto had gone back without being given the orders to do so.

        "I'm surprised that Altera isn't entirely in ruins. Wasn't the explosion supposed to destroy the whole city? That's what Eve told everyone. And Apple was the one who sent that information," Lu said as she searched through the rubble of what used to be a part of Altera Core's main entrance.

        Ciel was searching in a different Area. "Yes, you are correct. Perhaps there was something that happened to decrease the explosion," he said.

        "Hey, Ciel! I think I found Q-Proto!" Lu said. She began to quickly uncover the nasod. Ciel made his way to them just as Q-Proto activated.

        She sat up and looked around, processing the scene before her. "Where is the girl?" Q-Proto asked.

        "Girl? What girl?" Lu asked. She had only seen Q-Proto so far.

        "The one that I attempted to save. She broke free of my grasp at the last minute and tried to go back into the core but failed. The explosion is the last thing I remember," Q-Proto said.

        "You still haven't told us who this person is," Lu said.

        "And if you don't mind, can you also tell us why she tried to go back to the core?" Ciel said.

        "The girl's name is (y/n) if I remember correctly. She went back to try and save someone who I believe is named Add although her efforts would have been useless. The one called Add told me to take the girl away from here. I believe he attempted to stop the explosion," Q-Proto explained. Ciel's eyes grew wide with shock.

        "Lu do you think you can find her?" Ciel asked.

        "Yes but we need to hurry. She could be seriously injured or worse," Lu replied. "Q-Proto, you should go to the others. Apple is waiting for you," Lu spoke before beginning her search.

        It didn't take long for Lu to locate (y/n) and uncover her. Ciel lifted her up and was about to take her back, but she woke up. "Add...are you still here?" she asked no one in particular. Add wasn't there, but she didn't know that yet.

        "No, (y/n). That's Ciel. Add...he's not here," Lu said. She was hesitant to tell (y/n) that he was dead. (Y/n)'s eyes shot open as if all of her memories came flooding back to her all at once. She pushed Ciel away from her and stood up, nearly falling in the process.

        "No, he has to be here. I went to save him. I have to save him," (y/n) said. It was painfully obvious that she already knew of Add's fate but refused to accept it.

        "(Y/n) it isn't safe in there!" Lu called out as (y/n) ran into the broken corridors leading to the core. Lu and Ciel followed after her, but didn't catch up to her in time to stop her. She froze on her own and collapsed after spotting something. What was it? Ciel didn't know, but whatever it was, it must have brought her to the realization that Add was gone. She picked up the item that was partially bloodstained and held onto it tightly as she cried. "(Y/n)...," Lu said as she walked over to the crying girl. Ciel followed and they both sat next to her. "What is it?" Lu asked, gesturing to the item that (y/n) held.

        (Y/n) began to stop her crying as she looked at the item and smiled sadly. "It's a necklace that he wore. He let me have his old one when he got this one," (y/n) said with a shaky voice. She was calming down at an alarming rate which made Ciel worry about her for a moment. Add's death could be the one thing to finally break her. She stood and looked around for a moment before turning to leave.

        "Where are you going?" Lu asked her. (Y/n) didn't stop as she answered.

        "Back in time," she said. Lu and Ciel quickly followed her.

        "(Y/n), you can't go back in time. That's impossible. You'll be wasting you life away trying to do that," Lu said.

       "Then let me waste my life away trying to figure out how. I'll do it, and when I do, I'm going to save Add and get rid of anyone that ever harmed him," (y/n) said.

        "If you really are going to attempt to do something like that, aren't you going to need a place to go?" Ciel said. Lu gave him a look that clearly said 'don't encourage her! This is a crazy idea' but Ciel had his reasons for saying what he said.

        "Yes...I will need a place to go," (y/n) said. They were exiting the corridors that led to the core.

        "Then you can come with us. You are welcome to stay with te El Search Party as long as you need to. That way we can keep an eye on you and make sure you don't hurt yourself," Ciel said. (Y/n) nodded but she was clearly lost in thought, already thinking of how she would solve the mystery of time travel.

        Once Lu and Ciel were finished with their duties, they returned to the El Search Party's base and gave (y/n) the last available room. She went in that room and didn't leave unless she had no other choice and it stayed that way for a long time.
____________________________________

I know what you're thinking..."Wolf-san, I will not settle for this!"...but hey, did I say this was the last chapter? It most certainly is not the last chapter! The last chapter will be labeled "Final Chapter" so you guys will know. Until next time you cool readers!