Chapter 3

I almost got another idea for one of my drafts...but then I lost it. Well anyways, on to the chapter.
____________________________________

        "So you're finally awake I see," Add said as he walked past (y/n). When he decided to wake up from his own nap, he found that (y/n) had decided to take a nap as well.

        "Yeah I guess. I got bored waiting and drifted off to sleep. What are you doing right now anyway?" (y/n) said as she rubbed her eyes. Add walked past her again. He was pacing as he thought of how he could improve his dynamos so that he could perform more advanced skills.

        "Doesn't matter right now. Your research might help though," Add said thoughtfully as he suddenly stopped and looked back at (y/n). She was still on the couch and she looked back at him with sleepy eyes.

        "Yeah, I guess that might help but I doubt there will be anything new to you on my flash drive," she said as she stood up and stretched. Add was glad that she was willing to share whatever research she had with him. Even if it might be something he already knew, he highly doubted that (y/n)'s explanation of things would be the exact same as his own. Looking at the same thing from a different perspective could spark some ideas within him. Besides, there were haardly any other nasod researchers for them to reach out to that weren't imprisoned.

        Add allowed (y/n) to activate a computer and plug her flash drive into it. (Y/n) copied all of its files onto the computer and then looked back at Add. "Hey, if you don't mind me asking, how come you don't have all of this data backed up already?" she asked. Add tilted his head and thought for a minute. Was there really a reason to do so? Add only shrugged in response and pulled a chair next to (y/n). The chair was facing the wrong way so that he could rest his arms and head on the back of it.

        "So what do you want to look at first?" (y/n) asked him while waiting for the files to transfer.

        "I'm trying to make improvements in my dynamos, so whatever will help you have will be fine," Add said with his eyes closed.

        "I asked you that so that you'd be more specific. There's too much stuff here for me to just randomly choose from," (y/n) complained. Add opened his eyes to see what she meant, and she was indeed correct. There were hundreds of files on the flash drive, each labeled according to the topic being discussed.

        "I see. So you kept records on certain topics and added to it as you learned more. This is completely different from my method of note taking. How long exactly have you been researching again?" Add said.

        "Ever since I was able to read. My patents kind of forced me to do it. I became a better researcher than they were, and they pretty much envied me for it. But that's not what you asked me was it? Sorry for going on like that," (y/n) said. Add didn't particularly mind. (Y/n) was quite the interesting person after all. She was quite clever too and Add figured that he might as well enjoy the company. He didn't get visitors very often anyway since everyone pretty much avoided him. So what, he liked researching nasod technology and being awesome. It wasn't like he was trying to disrupt the peace between nasods and humans like everyone claimed would happen if nasods were researched. Everyone seemed to be against it but all Add was doing was making a living.

        "Yeah whatever. I guess I can do this later. How about we work on your invention first. It might give me some ideas," Add suggested.

        In all honesty, he'd been stuck in this particular situation for a while now. He really only accepted (y/n)'s offer so that she could help him as well, but he would never tell her that. "Hey where do you keep your stuff anyway? I noticed that you have no belongings with you. Why is that?" Add continued.

        (Y/n) only laughed at him, but he didn't see what was so funny. "I thought you would have caught on by now. I store everything I need in the form of tattoos created by my nanotech. The items themselves are simply stored in a void. To be honest, the entire process is quite risky but I make sure to have at least a 101% success rate before I start the process," (y/n) explained. Add could only look at the girl in awe. Utilizing voids and nanotech simultaneously was quite miraculous.

        It was then that Add realized the significance of (y/n)'s outfit. She wore a shirt that had one short sleeve and one long sleeve. The tattoo that stored her flash drive was on the side where the short sleeve was. Over this odd shirt was a pullover vest of sorts. She had jean shorts that were secured by a utility belt.

        "If you were able to figure out how to do all of that, then why do you need my help? You should have been able to come up with the correct calculations on your own," Add said.

        (Y/n) shook her head at him. "It's complicated. I can't quite explain it. There are certain things that I know, and certain things that I don't know. It might have something to do with my method of learning," (y/n) said. She seemed lost in thought as she spoke.

        "How many more tattoos do you have?" Add asked her. He really wanted to know mainly because he wanted to see the extent of her abilities. The more tattos, the more powerful she'd be. (Y/n) tilted her head at him, but proceeded to pull up her sleeve revealing several more tattoos that went all the way up her arm.

        "I have about twenty two in total," she said proudly. All of the tattoos had the same simple design but some were thicker than others which is where the variation came in. (Y/n) tapped one of the tattos closer to her wrist and it disappeared only for five floating contraptions to appear around her. In all honesty, they really reminded Add of his dynamos.

        "These are the weapons you're working on? They seem all too similar to mine," Add stated.

        (Y/n) stared at Add in disbelief. "No way! These are completely original! It took me months just to come up with a design and I had never even seen a dynamo before!" (y/n) said.

        "You haven't named them yet have you?" Add asked.

        "Uh no...why?" (y/n) replied. She must have sensed that Add had something in mind because she gave him an skeptical look.

        "You could always just call them dynamos as well. They can just be a variation from my own," Add said hoping that (y/n) would be glad to adopt his weapon's title.

        "What? No! Not going to happen. That's almost like you taking partial credit for my idea!" she objected which only made Add pout at her.

        "Don't be like that. I mean, think about it. Do you really have any other ideas on a fitting title for a weapon of mass destruction? Or maybe you were just going to leave them without a name huh? If you go around saying that you have dynamos, I'm sure you'll be annoyed a lot less by those around you. It works for me and you'll just be benefiting from my reputation," Add said. He felt as though he was very persuasive and the mischievous grin that he had as he looked (y/n) in the eyes seemed to help his argument.

        (Y/n) stared into his eyes as well but then she suddenly looked away and snapped her eyes shut. "What's the matter? Still having a hard time making your decision? Do you need more convincing?" Add teased. (Y/n) immediately shook her head in denial. "Well if that isn't it then what's the problem?" Add asked in confusion. (Y/n) was very amusing but now she was being confusing.

        She finally opened her eyes, but she didn't look at him when she spoke. "It isn't that. It's just...your eyes. They're really pretty," (y/n) said whispering the last sentence. Add had never in his life been rendered so speechless.
____________________________________

Chapter complete! Ready for another one because it will be showing up soon! Until next time you cool readers!