Chapter 29

I have officially fried my own brain. I changed the ending twice and now I can't decide on one so I'm going to do both which means more chapters.
____________________________________

        "This is it. Altera Core," Add muttered as they walked through the underground corridors. When they arrived in the large room where the actual core was housed, they weren't surprised at all to see (y/n)'s adoptive father standing there waiting for them. Once again, (y/n)'s adoptive nasod mother was nowhere to be found which only made Add worry about having to dodge bullets. Apple was sitting directly in front of the core and was tied to it. She seemed to be unconscious.

        "So glad you finally came to your senses, (y/n)," her father said as he saw them approaching. "I didn't think you'd turn him in but since you're turning him in, I guess that means that you'll finally come back and research f- I mean with us again."

        "I didn't come here to turn Add in. I came her to get Apple to safety," (y/n) said despite not even really knowing who Apple was. Add glanced at her, seeing her furious gaze on her father.

        "Oh dear. You seem to have completely forgotten your place. No matter. Did it not occur to you how much you could get for his capture? We could not only use that money to fund our research, but we could also use it to find your real parents. You do want to meet them don't you?" her father said. (Y/n)'s eyes went wide at the mention of her real parents. For a split second, Add wondered if she actually considered turning him over to them. Not that he'd let her do it, but it would surely break his heart.

        "How much is it?" she asked. Add felt his heart splintering as (y/n)'s father grinned. His pulse raced as he prepared to be on his own should (y/n) decide to suddenly turn on him.

        "Thousands. The reward money keeps increasing for every week that he isn't found. Have you finally realized what you were meant to do?" he said.

        "No, of course not. I just wanted to know how much money you wouldn't be getting," (y/n) said with a smirk. Add felt relived by her statement but the hurt she had caused hadn't exactly disappeared. She glanced at him apologetically then turned her gaze back to her father who sighed.

        "I was hoping that you would come to your senses. I didn't want to have to do this to you, but I have no choice," her father said as he snapped. (Y/n)'s nasod mother appeared already preparing to attack. Her speed was alarming and again, Add's only thought was to protect (y/n). He pulled her to him and turned so that he would take the hit instead of her, but it never came. Add looked back to see that someone else had taken the hit. He let (y/n) go as he looked on in surprise.

        "Q-Proto? Why are you here?" (y/n) asked before Add could say anything. Q-Proto knocked back (y/n)'s adoptive nasod mother before replying.

        "My reprogrammed purpose is to protect Apple. I followed you thinking that you would lead me to her. My hypothesis was correct. I will fight this nasod while you retrieve Apple. It is to make up for almost killing you without cause but do not confuse my actions with any sort of emotion. I have deemed this to be the best plan of action," Q-Proto informed. She rushed forward to counter the mother nasod's attack.

        "I'll get Apple, you beat up my father. Don't get too close though. He has tricks up his sleeves," (y/n) said as she summoned her dynamos.

        "Okay but next time, you're taking orders from me, not the other way around," Add said as he got his dynamos ready for attack as well. (Y/n) slightly laughed before darting in Apple's direction. Her father indeed had tricks up his sleeve for he pulled a whip-like weapon out of one of them and aimed it at (y/n). It would have hit her if Add hadn't gotten between the two of them and stopped the attack with his arm. The weapon, which Add found easier to call a whip, wrapped around his arm.

        "You are foolish to think that you can easily beat us," (y/n)'s father said. He pulled the whip in an attempt to pull Add along with it but he wasn't strong enough. He must have realized it because he clicked a button on the whip's handle that caused it to ignite with electrical energy. Add only winced from the electrical impulses. They were practically nothing to him. He used his free hand to grab hold of the whip and he pulled him forwards. Then he attacked the man with his dynamos causing him to let go of the whip's handle, sending him flying halfway across the room.

         Add unwrapped the still charged device from his arm and threw it aside only to find that (y/n)'s father had another one in his other sleeve. "Why the hell are those things up your sleeves anyway?!" Add complained in agitation.

        "I wonder if (y/n) told you about her neck tattoo. It's actually a program that's triggered by a sudden electrical charge. How else was I supposed to activate it?" (y/n)'s father said with an proud look on his face.

        "I'll beat you to the brink of death!" Add growled.

        "Oh really? If it makes you that angry then why not kill me?" the man taunted.

        "That's (y/n)'s decision to make, not mine but if it was left up to me, I wouldn't hesitate," Add replied.

        "Interesting. I find it strange how much you seem to care for that abomination that I happened to keep as a pet. I wonder what would happen if I were to tell you that she would die soon," (y/n)'s father said in amusement.

      "What did you do?" Add spat as he glanced over at (y/n). She seemed to be perfectly fine while she released Apple.

        "Oh nothing yet. I figured that she wouldn't comply with my wishes, so I made a backup plan. I planned on killing her anyway after doing away with you. I have no purpose left for me here. I'm going to blow up this entire city as my final experiment with you being the number one test subject," he said. This man was insane and his plan was suicide. He snapped again and (y/n)'s nasod mother came to him in a pretty damaged condition. Her fight with Q-Proto didn't go well. Q-Proto appeared next to Add once her target moved.

        "I shall eliminate them. You get Apple to safety," she said.

        "No, you get Apple to safety. (Y/n) and I have a bomb to diffuse," Add said.

        "Bomb? Yes, I see it now. I does not seem like it can be stopped. I must get Apple clear of this threat," Q-Proto said. She immediately left to retrieve Apple.

        "That drone is right. The bomb can't be stopped. I made sure of that. Ophelia, start the timer will you," (y/n)'s father said. Add was determined to stop Ophelia from starting the timer, but he didn't know how.

        "As you wish. Self destruct sequence in progress," Ophelia answered. Add was speechless. A self destruct was the signal to start the bomb's countdown.

        "I wonder what you'll do, test subject," (y/n)'s father said as he smirked. Add backed away just as Ophelia self destructed, killing both adoptive parents in the process.

        "Add!" (y/n) called out thinking that he'd been caught in the explosion. (Y/n), Apple, and Q-Proto made their way to him just as the core itself started to transform itself into the timer that signaled how much time they had before the bomb exploded. Only ten minutes to evacuate an entire city.

        "Apple, you and Q-Proto get out of here and immediately evacuate the city. I'm going to try stalling for as much time as I can on that bomb. (Y/n), I'm going to need your help," Add said when they were all close enough to hear him. Apple wished him good luck before she and Q-Proto left. Add quickly grabbed (y/n)'s hand, and the both of them ran towards the timer to search for a way to stall for time or even stop the bomb.
____________________________________

Did you guys realize who Ophelia was? I have waited so long to reveal her identity that it's not even funny anymore. Eve doesn't have the Code Empress job path so I was like "what happened to Oberon and Ophelia?" and that's how I got that idea so yeah...until next time you marvelous readers!