"They are, but he isn't my fathers blood so he couldn't become alpha."

"Oh. Did your parents adopt Kyle? That's amazing! I could have sworn he was your biological brother, he has eyes like yours."

"My parents didn't adopt him, he is my biological brother" he says softly.

"But you just sai-"

"I said he wasn't my fathers blood. My mother had Kyle before she met my father." He whispers as if it's some kind of secret. Maybe it is.

Time passes, nothing is said. It is practically unheard of for a wolf to have conceived a child before finding their mate. I can't help but wonder how and why she decided to have a child.

"She didn't have a choice" he said aloud and I almost think I was speaking out loud. "It's the mate bond. Since I marked you, I can hear some of your deepest thoughts" he answers wearily.

Oh.

"What do you mean she didn't have a choice? Everyone has a choice. I mean, I don't like it when people abort their babies but I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I'd had a child with someone other than you" I say honestly.

I catch a glimpse of a smile before his jaw clenches again. "Her pack was attacked by rouges when she was 17. They took her they hurt her, they.. the-" he doesn't manage to get his words out before an audible sob leaves his mouth, breaking my heart into a million pieces.

I gently climb off of his back and walk to stand in front of him. His cheeks are a deep red, tears spill from his eyes. I then realized just why she didn't have a choice. I realized what they had done to her. They had raped her.

I stand on my toes and wrap my arms around his neck, slowly bringing his face to mine so that I can kiss all of his tears away. His arms snake their way around my waist as he buries his head in the crook of my neck, taking a deep breath in. We stand like this for what feels like minutes before he lifts his head and kisses my cheek.

"We should keep walking, we're almost there" he says looking down at me.

I take his hand in mine and begin to walk in the same direction we were before we stopped.

The last glimpse of light seeps through the canopy of trees, casting playful patterns amongst the newly fallen leaves.

I look to our intertwined hands swinging slightly, the way his large hand covers most of mine and the way he grips it gently with his, reassuring me that I am safe. I always feel safe when I'm around him, I have since the moment I saw him.

I peer up at him to find a small smile playing at his lips.

"What are you smiling about?"

"You feel safe with me." His smile grows.

"Would you stop listening to my thoughts please. It's not fair that you can hear mine but I can't hear yours" I pout

"I can't help it. I don't focus on listening to them, I just hear them, and you will get to hear my thoughts soon when you decide you'd like to mark me." He states, giving my hand a squeeze.

"Okay" I answer squeezing his hand back.

I turn back to trail in front of us and see that it has led us to a large tent, about the same size as our bedroom. Caleb continues to lead me towards the tent and stops when we are right in front of it.

"Wait here" he says quickly and disappears into the tent.

Within seconds, dim lights appear inside of the tent and I spot Caleb's silhouette as he stumbles over something, cursing quietly.

His head pokes out of the side of the tent as he calls me over and takes my hand to lead me inside.

I gasp as I take in the interior of the tent. It looks much larger from inside. There are candles and lanterns, dimly lighting the room. What seems like 20 or so pillows and a few fluffy blankets along with a duvet sit upon a large mattress. A small table sits next to the bed holding a movie projector.

"Wow, Caleb, this is beautiful" I say in awe.

"I'm glad you like it. I used to come here when I was a kid with Kyle and some friends but I haven't been here in years. I asked a few friends if they could clean it up a bit for us. So I thought we'd stay the night" he said shyly.

I wrap my arms around his neck, bringing his face closer to mine. I press my forehead against his "it's perfect" I say before crashing my lips to his. He wastes no time in responding, instantly wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me impossibly closer. I swipe my tongue across his bottom lip, asking for entrance which he playfully denies. I tangle my fingers in his unruly hair, tugging slightly, causing him to gasp. I take this opportunity to slip my tongue into his mouth. A moan escapes my lips as his large hands roam my body.

I pull away, gasping for air. I kiss down his jaw, paying extra attention to the spot just under his ear that I know he loves. Without a second of hesitation, I begin to feel my canines elongate and I push my teeth into the spot I had just been kissing. I hear him inhale quickly as the taste of blood fills my mouth. His winces are soon replaced with moans of pleasure, possibly satisfying me more than him. I retract my teeth slowly and lick over the puncture wounds in his neck to make sure that they heal properly.

I look into his golden eyes and see nothing but adoration.

This was the moment I knew, I was his and he was mine.

————-

Hope you like it!💕