15. Feelings

[UNEDITED]

~SHORT CHAPTER

Caleb and I had gotten home really late that night and went straight up to bed after we each had separate showers. We were both really tired from the long but romantic night that we had just spent together.

I had just gotten out of the shower and threw on a sports bra and some underwear. I found it difficult to sleep in anything more around Caleb because of the heat he let off.

Caleb was already asleep when I slid into the bed next to him and he immediately reached over in his sleep and pulled me to him, his arms staying around my waist. I lay my head on his chest and closed my eyes, instantly falling asleep in his arms.

-*-

I woke up to the sunlight streaming through the window of our bedroom.

My eyes fluttered open to find a sleeping Caleb, his arms still wrapped firmly around me.

I studied his features while he slept, from his chiseled jaw, to the slight stubble that grew upon it. I lifted a hand to lightly touch the slightly prickly hairs that ran from his cheek to his chin.

What did I ever do to deserve someone so perfect?

I lifted my hand from his cheek to his hair, noticing how perfect it looked in the morning. Mine probably looked like a birds nest.

As I was running my fingers through his silky hair, I noticed the slight smile that began forming on his soft and undoubtedly kissable lips.

I automatically knew that I had woken him up and decided to wake him properly with a sweet kiss on the lips.

He responded immediately with a passionate kiss that made the butterflies awaken in my stomach.

I opened my eyes to find his bright ones staring right back at me.

"Good morning love " he said, his voice still raspy.

"Good morning " I smiled

I couldn't help but smile when I was around him. He never made me feel little or that I was any less than him just because I was younger. He only made me fall deeper in love with him every moment more that we spent together. I couldn't be more thankful for my handsome mate. I'm so lucky. How on earth did I get this lucky? How could someone like me, an ordinary teenage girl, end up with someone so special and perfect?

"What are you thinking about babe?" He said whilst nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Nothing"

"Oh please. Don't say nothing. You know that I know whenever something is going on in that head of yours. You can't lie to me. I know you too well." He said matter of factly.

" I know and that's what scares me. I have only known you for a short while and you already know me so well."

He chuckled "Come on then. What were you thinking about? Tell me, please."

"I was just thinking about how lucky I got with you. I don't even know what I did to deserve you. You're amazing, you know that?" I said whilst admiring him.

He shook his head slowly. "You think you got lucky? I was a mess before you got here. I was cold and ruthless. Yes, it helped keep my pack members in line but it wasn't the way to do it. But then all of a sudden, you gracefully waltzed your way into my life and made it all change, for the better of course. Now I'm laying in my bed, our bed, with a beautiful, smart, sexy young lady and I couldn't be happier than I am right now, or that moment not too long ago when you told me you love me. You have made me happier than I could have ever thought a mate could. I love you with all my heart and I know that you just said that we have only known each other for a short while, but I can't imagine the rest of my life without you in it. So you aren't the lucky one, I am sweetheart. "

I stared at him in awe. I never knew that he felt that way about me. Yes, I knew that he loved me, but not that much.

I was confused when he looked at me with concerned eyes and brought his hand up to my face to brush my cheek. I had started crying. Happy crying.

"I'm sorry. Was that too much?" He asked.

I shook my head no and reached up to cup his face with my hands and leant in and his lips met mine.

We pulled away shortly after and we left the warm comfort of each other's embrace.

-------------------

Hey guys! So here is a short chapter. I'm still busy with exams so this was all I could muster up at the moment. I hope you enjoy!

❤️❤️❤️