8.Walks in the forest

[unedited]

Thank you guys so much for 200 reads! I know that it's nothing compared to other books but it really means a lot to me so thank you!

After eating my syrup coated pancakes and downing my coffee, Caleb decided to show me around the pack territory. I was a little nervous about meeting all the pack members but as far as they knew, I was just an ordinary wolf. Not a  luna and most certainly not Caleb's mate. Knowing that they didn't know who I really was eased my mind.

Caleb showed me to the pack house where most of the pack stayed, The hospital and to the little cafés here and there. His territory was larger than any other I had ever seen before. At least triple the size of my home pack.

We finished the tour at the edge of the forest, hundreds of trees standing before us. Little rays of sun seeping through the leaves, casting shadows on the forest floor.

I looked over at Caleb and found him staring right back at me. He smirked and said,"want to go for a run?"

I nodded with a huge smile on my face which soon turned into a frown. The last time I had shifted I had been in absolute agony. I had left my parents to deal with a problem that I could have helped with. I am a coward for leaving. I could have done something. Anything.

I was torn from my thoughts when Caleb walked over to me and placed himself right I front of me. He used his fingers to gently lift my chin, meeting his gaze with mine.

"What's wrong cupcake?"he asked with worried eyes. His little nickname for me had me jumping for joy on the inside but I refused myself to be happy on the outside. I was a coward and there was nothing anyone could do or say to make me believe any different.

I put on the best fake smile that I possibly could and said,"nothing. I'm fine." And I trotted off to get undressed behind a tree. But I was immediately stopped when Caleb grabbed my wrist carefully and pulled me back to stand with him.

"I know that you are lying. I know better than to take I'm fine from a woman seriously. Come on, what's wrong? Did I say something?" He looked genuinely concerned about me but I didn't want to get into this right now. We are having such a great time together and I'd much rather go for a run with him that talk about my problems and possibly make him turn away from me because anyone that knew that I ran away from my pack while they were at battle would think I was a coward just like I do.

"No you did nothing wrong. I promise. I was just thinking that I forgot how to change into wolf form. I know it's stupi-"

"It's not stupid. I know that you've only shifted once. All you have to do is imagine yourself in that form, just like how you shifted back to your human form. Think of paws, your ears, your fur, your tail. Whatever you need to. I promise that it will work."

"Thanks" I said shyly. To be honest, I couldn't believe that he actually thought I was being truthful when I said that I couldn't remember how to shift. I mean come on, that's pathetic! I felt slightly guilty that I had lied to him but it wasn't something that I wanted to get into right now.

I jogged behind a tree to get undressed and thought of my wolf form. Shifting this time was almost painless. There were a few minor aches but nothing compared to the last time I had shifted.

I grabbed my clothes in my mouth and trotted back to where Caleb was standing, now being replaced by a huge black wolf.

He walked over to me and nuzzled his big head into my neck, earning a purr from me.

Using the mind link I said catch me if you can. And began sprinting through the forest.

Caleb, being an alpha, loved a chase but what he didn't know was that this chase wouldn't be so easy. I had alpha blood in me which made me just as fast as him, maybe even faster because of my small frame.

I heard his paws pounding a few meters behind me and I started sprinting as fast as I could to get away.

When I had finally thought that I could out run Caleb, he hopped out from a bush and tackled me to the ground.

We cuddled up together and we just lay there for what seemed like hours but was really only minutes.

Caleb made a move to get up and said I'm just going to shift and get dressed cupcake and walked behind a large tree.

I decided to get dressed too and walked behind a tree and thought of my human self. Shifting was completely painless this time and I was glad that I would never have to go through that kind of pain ever again.

I put on my underwear shorts only to find that my bra and top were missing. Shit! I must have dropped it along the way.

"Caleb!" I called only causing Caleb to come sprinting around the tree I was changing behind.

"Alaska! What's wrong? Are you okay?" His eyes darkened when he saw that my chest was only covered by my arms.

"I lost my shirt" I said shyly

He walked towards me ever so slowly, my heart rate rising just from the look he had in his beautiful eyes.

He stopped right in front of me and looked into my eyes longingly. I broke eye contact with him when things started getting too much for me. When his eyes looked at me like that, my body reacted and I wasn't ready for anything yet.

He took a step back and slowly took off his shirt. My eyes lingered a little on his well-defined torso. I ripped my eyes from him and took the shirt.

"Thanks Caleb."

He simply smiled in return but let me tell you, that smile was enough to make a girl swoon and trust me, I did.

--------------
Hey ❤️❤️ I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Once again thank you for 200 reads!

Also I have decided to start doing questions at the end of each chapter so here's today's one: if you're in school,what year are you? And are you in high school/college/university?
Please

Vote

Comment

Share

Have a great week/end ❤️

Xxx