her story

"My real name is Kara Zor-El. 24 years ago my planet, Krypton, was in serious peril. My cousin, Kal-El, was sent to your planet, Earth, for his own safety and protection. You may know his story. The story you don't know is that I was sent to protect him."

"Your pod's coordinates are interlocked with Kal-El's. You will follow him to Earth.", her father, Zor-El, said to Kara. She hugged my father then broke it.

"I'm not afraid, Father."

She then focused her attention on my mother, Alura.

"The trip is long but you'll sleep most of the way and we'll be with you in your dreams. You'll journey to Earth to look after your baby cousin, Kal-El. Because of the Earth's yellow sun, you'll have great powers on this planet. You will do extraordinary things.", she told Kara. "I won't fail Kal-El or you.", Kara told her. "I love you, Kara." Kara turned to her pod then back at her mother and hugged her tightly. Then there was a huge explosion.

"You must go, now. Go!"

"Things didn't exactly go according to my mother's plan. Krypton's destruction sent a shock wave that knocked my pod off course and into the Phantom Zone. A region in space where time doesn't pass. I slept there for 24 years until somehow I got here. When I arrived, I was still a 13-year-old girl. But in that same time my cousin Kal-El had grown up and revealed himself to your world as Superman. The most powerful man in the universe. My cousin wanted me to have the same safe human-type childhood he did so he placed me with my adoptive family, the Danvers, scientists who once helped him understand his own super abilities."

"I know I'm not your mom, sweetheart but you're safe here.", Eliza, Kara's adoptive mom, reassuring her.

"They had a daughter, Alex, and despite being born on different planets, we both shared one thing. We knew our lives would never be the same again. My cousin, he didn't need my protection, I didn't have a mission anymore. But even though I had all the same powers he did, I decided the best thing I could do is fit in. After all, Earth didn't need another hero."

"...until now.", Iris said. "Yeahh...Are you weirded out? I feel like your weirded out. You must not like me-", Kara rambled.

"...Kara...I have a badass alien friend...I freaking LOVE you.", Iris said. Iris & Kara giggled. Then Iris stood up from the couch and gasped.

"You need a suit!", Iris said loudly.

"..What..?", Kara said with her eyebrows furrowed. "Come on! Come on!" She let Iris pull her off the couch with a grin on her face.

"Okay, Okay, I know the perfect person to call.", Kara said. "Really? Who?", She asked. "My friend, Winn Schott..Jr."

The Next Day

Kara had invited Winn over to tell him she was an alien. But his reaction was laughter. "No. Ha. You're not. Aliens don't exist.", Winn said.

"Superman does.", Kara said. "..in National City..", Winn said.

"Oh come on. You actually don't believe her?", Iris asked. Winn shook his head no. "By what Kara told me, you were a total Sci-Fi geek when you worked at CatCo.", Iris said.

"Well I've changed.", Winn said. "Hm. Okay. Alright.", Kara said before going to her window and opening it. She looked back at Winn and Iris before jumping out of it.

"KARA! WHAT ARE- ARE YOU INSANE?!", Winn yelled. Then Kara floated back up looking straight at Winn, crossing her arms.

"Make me a suit?", She said. He immediately nodded his head. Kara flew into the apartment and landed gracefully with a grin. They immediately started working together on the suit.