"I am," Danna replied.

Mariah turned to Jas. "And you're a little boss?"

"Manager," Jas said. "Sam, too."

That's when we shook hands and I sized the girl up. She seemed personable enough, and like she would fit in just fine with Sara and Quinton.

"So, I'm gonna cut past the usual stuff and ask you what really matters," Danna started. "Our first two interviews were below average, and your previous work experience already puts you ahead."

"Cool beans," Mariah answered.

I smiled to myself at her choice of words.

"Reliable transportation?"

"Yeah. My car's only a year old."

"Availability?"

"Whenever I'm needed, I guess," Mariah said. "School's not really... in the way at the moment."

"Great. And you are aware this is a LGBT bar, so you'll be around a lot of different kinds of people?"

"I'm pan," Mariah revealed. "And I come here pretty often."

It seemed as if Danna was already liking Mariah more than the other two, and so was I. She was cool enough, and attractive, and laid back, or so she seemed. I obviously knew working with someone would bring out who they really were, but she seemed pretty level-headed.

We continued to have conversation with her, just to get an idea of who she is, and by the end Danna was ready for her to start tonight.

"We'll start training you next week, and if you can handle the weekend, we'll throw you into the schedule," Danna said as she stood. "I look forward to hearing how you do."

Mariah gave a confident smile. "I look forward to starting."

We watched as she slipped her coat back on and nodded herself out the door. In all actuality, I felt confident in her ability. She seemed nice enough, and I knew she would fit in just fine. We just needed to see how well she vibed with Quinton and Sara.

"Well, I'm glad she worked out," Danna said. "No bad feelings?"

Jas and I shook our heads.

"I think she'll be fine," Jas included. "Plus, she's bartended before, which is a huge plus."

"Great." Danna clapped her hands. "Let me know how she does next week."

I smirked as one of my hands motioned to my forehead. "Aye Aye, Captain."

Danna just laughed as she walked out the door.

Once the boss was gone, I looked at Jas.

"Maybe we should both come in next week?" Jas asked. "Just in case one of us misses something, the other can catch."

I shrugged. "I don't see why Danna would have a problem with that. Plus, we'll both have to work with her eventually."

Jas smiled. "Cool." Then she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "She was kind of cute too, right?"

"Yeah," I agreed. "But it's clear you have a type."

"I do not."

"Do too," I countered. "Pretty blondes."

Jas just rolled her eyes.

"I just don't think work relationships are all that smart," I finished as I grabbed my jacket.

A quick expression flashed across Jas's face, but not long enough for me to analyze it.

"Yeah, you're probably right," she agreed. "I'll see you Monday?"