(4) Past Regrets

You slammed the bedroom door shut and locked it, leaning the rest of your body against it as you tried to catch your breath. You moved away from the door, making your way to the nightstand beside your bed. It wasn't long before a light yet frantic knocking began wrapping against the other side. It didn't matter, at least, not right now. You opened the small drawer in the stand, pulling out the picture that you kept inside it. Looking at the photo, you wimpered, letting your body slide down the bed until you where sitting on the floor, your legs hugged tightly against your chest. You ran your thumb over the photo, tears begining to roll down your face...

~flashback~
"C'mon (y/n)! Hurry!" the small girl called from ahead, running towards the small playground. You couldn't help but chuckle quietly at your little sisters enargy. She looked like a much shorter version of you, with the same dull orbs of (e/c) and her head of (h/c) being round the same lenth as your own. Course, she didn't like to brush her hair, so she was alot more scruffy looking then you where. She also had a face full of freckles, a trait that you seemed to lack for the most part. You liked to call her hay seed due to her ruffled apperence, a nickname she took as her name at one point.

You finally made it to the small park, finding her on one of the two swings. She was swinging her legs back and forth, trying to start swinging on her own. You could only laugh as it did nothing but make the swing sway slightly, though that could just be the wind.

"Need any help, hayseed?" you questioned, tilting your head to the side slightly. "No! I can do it myself!" she squeaked back, kicking her legs harder. You bit your lip to prevent yourself from laughing in her face, your hands on your hips. "Are you suuure you don't need my help?"

The thirteen your old stopped kicking, crossing her arms with her cheeks puffed out in an angry expression, face turning red from embarrassment. "... Maybe a little..." she finallh admitted. You walked up behind her and grabbed the two sides of the swing, pulling it back. "Underduck!" Your sister yelled, and you ran forward, letting her fly over your head. She giggled loudly, cheering at how high up you could make her go, due to your size. You sat on the swing beside her, starring up at the clouds above You both. She was laughing and giggling, the swing making a squeaking noise as it swing back and forth...

Then, almost emediently, it all just... stopped.

The swing suddenly began swinging to a hault, her feet dragging on the ground. Everything became earily quiet, the wind blowing just slightly. Your sisters head was low, her bangs hiding her face...
~flashback end~

You remembered grabbing her shoulder and shaking her lightly, asking if everything was alright, and if she was feeling sick. Little Hayseed just looked up and smiled, saying that it was cold and that she wanted to go home. You knew that she never answered your question, but instead of asking her again, you brushed it off... How could you have been so blind?.. You should have known that day- no, that second that something was wrong. You should have done something, said anything, told her that you cared for her... It was your fault she was gone, that she felt unwanted. It was your job to take care of her, to help her... It was all. Your. Fault.

[Chihiro's POV]
"Hay!.. (y/n)!?.. It's Chihiro!" I yelled... Well, I didn't yell. Not really. I just mostly kinda raised my voice a little... Anyways, I tried knocking on her door again. Nothing... I was getting really worried about her. I remember her talking to me once about how secrets are things of the past, and should be talked about as stories. It was getting to me that something she talked about so openly was now getting to her. It wasn't like (y/n) to do something like this...

"Chihiro?" spoke a familiar low voice from down the hallway, heavy footsteps making their way towards me. I sighed, turning to the friendly biker, blinking the tears from my eyes. Mondo and (y/n) have been talking more often past couple days, and she had mentioned to me that he was, to her, a friend. "Oh Mondo, thank goodness! Your here to see her I bet?" I squeaked. He blushed a bit and turned his eyes to the wall, scratching the back of his neck.
"Yeah, uh... Is she... Alright?"

"I can't even get her to open the door! I'm getting worried! This really isn't like her! She's never like this!" I stammered, letting a fiew tears fall down my face. He walked up closer to me and knelt to my level, letting his hand rest firmly on my shoulder. "Chihiro, she probably needs some time to sort shit out... you go see the others. I'll talk to her..." He stated. I just nodded, running off down the hallway. I was going to ask him for some help with making me stronger, but (y/n)'s health is more important. I'll ask Ishimaru instead...

I hope she'll be alright...