(27) Okay

[Mondo's POV]
The room was a bit colder then usual this morning, causing me to huddle a bit underneath the blanket. It wasn't usually this cold... I let out a short huff of air through my nose, shifting a bit. It's probably that Damn bear, doing this just to annoy me... Wouldn't put it past the bastard. Fuck, surprised (y/n)'s not snuggling up to me right now. My body instinctively rolled over, my arm draping onto her side of the bed to pull her closer... Only, she wasn't there... I sighed, propping my head up with my arm before opening my eyes, looking over the empty half of the bed. She probably woke up before me... Damn it, why does she never wake me up? I mean, I get that she doesn't want to bother me, but she should know by now that it wouldn't be a bother in the first place. I can't be bothered by (y/n), I care about her to much... I pulled myself out of bed, standing up straight while stretching my arms over my head, my back cracking with a loud popping noise. I winced a bit at this, sighing as I lowered my arms. Fuck, do these beds take it out of me.

My gaze eventually drifted over to the nightstand, eyes landing on the book I had left. Lord of the flies is actually not bad of a book, even though I haven't ever really finished it. I tried reading it in elementary school, but never really understood what was going on in the story. Well, until now anyways. Turns out this story is alot more fucking violent then I remember... I like it. My eyes fell onto the piece of paper I stuck between the pages, finding it scribbled on with pen. I picked up the book to get a closer look, a small smirk spreading across my face.

Woke up before you and didn't want to disturb your sleep. Hope to see your well rested when You finally do get out of bed. (y/n).

Cute. Well, at least she wrote me a letter this time. I placed the book back on the table and pushed down, using my other hand to rip the note off the side. Can't hurt to check that she actually wrote this, seeing that the tentions high right now. I mean, you never know who would break in and forge something like this. Doesn't help that I don't know her hand writing. My hand brushed against the handle of the drawer as I pulled away, dumping everything inside of it onto the floor. Fuck. Well, there wasn't much in the drawer anyways, really. Nothing but a bunch of dust, few pens, and... I bent down and picked up the small square of paper, flipping it over to reveal the familiar photo of (y/n) and her sister, Hayseed, the background looking suddenly more familiar then it did before. There in that park, aren't they?.. Wonder what she meant. Last time I saw Hayseed, she said something along the lines of; 'I killed myself, but not because I wanted to die' or something like that. But what the fuck does that even mean? Was it actually (y/n)'s fault? I fucking hope not. Maybe it was someone else. But who the fuck would it be? Probably nobody I know. Awell, that's not important right now. Right now I should probably go looking for (y/n)...

[Y/n's POV]
"Aaand, done. Your all patched up, Asahina!" You cheered as you finished up with patching Hena's arm, tying the loose end. "Thanks (y/n).." She smiled, her bright blue eyes locking with yours for a second. You just smiled back and nodded. "Your lucky it's only a scratch." Naegi remarked, a small soft smile painting his face. Hagakure laughed, scratching the back of his neck. "I bet you would have been dead if I hadn't screamed and cowered under that table. Looks like I saved the day!" he cheered. You couldn't help but smirk at this, seeing that he was so proud of his cowardess. In fact, he had joined you and your friends shortly after You had left, ultimately to scared to stay in the same room with the purple braided murderer. It didn't seem like Hina was amused, standing up with a huff. "So there was a coward around when I needed one. My hero." She sarcastically spat, begining to make her way to the door. "Hay Asahina, wait a second." Naegi spoke up while taking a few steps forward, his eyes wide. "Why were you and Sho fighting?"

The girl sighed sadly and bowed her head, turning towards us. "C'mon, I'm sure you can guess... It was about Sakura. Sho was saying such..." Hena paused, her hands bawling into fists. Her eyes were now filled with anger, her teeth clenched. "She was saying such despicable things! Things about my best friend!" suddenly the door opened, the woman in question running in through the doors and towards her friend. "Asahina! Are you hurt? What happened?" Sakura questioned, her eyes wide with consurn. Asahina just laughed and gripped her shoulder in an attempt to hide the rip in her sweater, along with her bandaged arm. "Don't worry Sakura, I'm alright!" she attempted to reassure, but Sakura didn't seem convinced. She grabbed Hina's hand and pulled it off of the bandaged arm, her eyes widening at the sight of her friends injuries. "Who... Who did this?" Sakura questioned, looking at her swimmer friend for an answer, but alas, Aoi stayed silent. Sakura sighed and turned over her shoulder, sending an angry, almost menacing glare towards Hagakure.

"D-don't look at me like that!!" the man shreaked, raising his arms over his head. You felt that he was one to panick easily, yes. But never in your life did you believe you would see a twenty something year old cower beneath a teenager. Sakura began to turn her body towards him, and just like that, the psychic completely caved from fear. "It was the psycho chick with the scissors, alright!? Please don't hurt me!!" Hagakure pleaded, hands still over his head. You watched as Sakura's tence shoulders slowly dropped, the look of rage in her face melting into what could only be disappointment. She looked over at Hina, but not for long, like she couldn't hold any eye contact souly out of shame. "How dare I let this happen to my friend..." she muttered under her breath, eyes glued to the floor beneath her feet. "How could I have... I.. I have to go." and with that, she stormed out of the room, hands tenced into fists.

"Sakura, wait!" cried out Aoi, who began chasing her out of the infirmary, you following them both close behind. You stopped after running just outside of the door, watching both of your friends run down the hallway and around the corner, disappearing out of sight. You felt horrible that you couldn't do much to help in this situation, causing you to bite your lower lip... And that's when you felt two familiar arms wrap around you from behind, hugging you close...

And just like that, things were okay again...

(a/n: this chapter was a fucking STRUGGLE to write, oh my fuck. It's like, I knew what to write, but I had to fight with myself in order to get it done. It almost felt like homework. Still, I'm kind of happy with how it came out, even though the begining of it was a bit rough. Hope you like it!)