(13) Trial -1-

(a/n: thank you all for being so patient! Now I know that this chapter may not be the best, but I hope you all like it anyways! I also made sure to keep things as close to the original, so sorry if things aren't entirely spot on.)

Mondo shot you a questionable look, but nodded anyways, agreeing to remember what you told him. It made you smile knowing that he would keep what you told him in mind without questioning you or asking questions. In fact, it made you realize just how much he trusted your word. You felt your face grow a little warm, so you covered your head with your hoodie. Yeah, it's come to be clear that you've grown very attached to Mondo... Maybe even in a 'beyond friends' way. Course you weren't planning to tell him that any time soon. He was your friend, you couldn't lose that. Not now, and not in a place like this.

The elevator finally came to a slow stop, opening to a familiar court-esk room. Everyone began filing into our respected spots, their eyes shifting to one another in suspicion and mistrust, but you didn't have time to join them. Your eyes fell onto a picture of Sayaka, a soft smile on her face. You remembered the mental break that she had suffered at the hands of Monokuma, and ultimately what had lead her to attempt murder in the first place. Your gaze then shifted to a portrait of Leon, who was grinning widely. The memory of his side of the story came to your mind to. the blind anger Kuwata felt during the actual murder, plus the fear he was ultimately put through during the first trial. A fiew tears welled in your eyes as the memories began to fade, leaving you with a sudden cold sorrowful emptyness... That is, until you felt a familiar warm hand on your shoulder. "You feeling alright?" Mondo whispered, giving you a light shake. You looked up at him and gave a quick nod, wiping your eyes with the back of your hand. "Y-yeah... It's nothing. Just a little nervous is all... I mean, what if they think that... That I had something to do with all this, you know?"

"I know you wouldn't ever hurt someone, especially not like this... I won't let them point any fingers at ya." He whispered, giving your shoulder a squeeze before letting his hand fall to his side. You felt reassured that Mondo was here for you, especially in this trial. You and Chihiro were both absent for most of the investigation, so it would make it all the easier to pin it on the two of you. Not only that, but Hagakure was being accused aswell. It was alot to take in.

"Alright!" shouted Monokuma, who was now sitting on the large chair outside of the circle, a look of exitement and deviance on his face. "Lets get the ball rolling! Someone's grubby little paws were itching for some easy cash! Not only that, but they wanted it bad enough to murder not one, but TWO of your classmates! Who was it? Knuk knuk knuk knuk!" Aoi gave an angry pout, eyes fixated on Hagakure with an icy glare. "Like 'thats' a big mystery!" her voice was loud and full of anger, which was a little shocking for Hina to display. "Not only does he lack a propper alibi for murder and/or body snatching," started celeste, her face and voice monotone as she spoke. "He was also caught in the cosplay in question. Thats you, Yasuhiro Hagakure."

You heard a snarl from the accused in question, a look of annoyance in his eyes. "I'm telling ya it WASN'T ME!!" yelled Yasuhiro, his hands on the top of his head with a look of dread on his face. You bit your lip, contemplating on whether or not you should take his side or not. You knew that it wasn't him, you had the memory, but the problem was getting everyone to believe you. "Give it a rest, Hagakure!" spoke Asahina, her head Now hanging low while her hands clenched the brass front of the stand. "Yamada said your name with his last breath!" Hagakure growled again. "Son of a- SO WHAT?" he finally shouted, looking straight at the girl with an angry yet desperate look. "I was in la-la land the whole time, remember-"

"SHUT YER LIE HOLE, MURDERER!!" suddenly yelled suiside jack, pointing accusingly at the ultimate clairvoyant with a pair of her scissors. "DUDE! LIKE YOUR ONE TO JUDGE!!" Hagakure yelled back. You couldn't take this anymore. "Everyone please calm down!!" You shouted, your hands gripping the stand. "Please, we have to think rationally or else we could all die, so could you all just-" a quiet giggle sounded from celeste, her hand covering her mouth. The girls bright red eyes were pinned on you, a look of malice reflecting off of them. "I dont think your in a place to be saying that (y/n)..." she spoke, a small smile on her face. "After all, you and Chihiro don't exactly have a vary strong alibi yours-"

"Don't you even fuckin' TRY to peg this shit on her!!!" Mondo shouted, his hands balled up into tight fists. It made you jolt up a bit in place, but It only made the dark haired girl sigh in annoyance. "Order, please." she muttered, rolling her eyes a little before turning her attention to everyone else, almost as if she never tried to accuse you in the first place. "Much as it pains me to say so, more evidence has been uncovered. Highly 'suggestive' items where found in your room, Hagakure." celestia held in her hand a blue piece of what looked to be part of the justice suit, and in the other she gripped some kind of sketched design plans. "Together these parts and blueprints speak for themselves. He is undoubtedly our murderer."

"No! That incorrect!!" yelled Naegi, the sudden loud noise making you jolt up in place again. It felt like torture that You couldn't just tell everyone what you saw, so you braced yourself for the waiting game. "Have something to share?" Celeste questioned, sending Naegi a calm gaze. "As a matter of fact," he started, pulling a piece of paper out of his jacket. "yes, I do! This is the note Hagakure gave to me this morning. Look at This and the blueprints closely, and compare the handwriting. They don't match up!"

"He likely changed styles to cover his tracks." spoke Celeste, her eyes half lidded. "C,mon!" yelled Hagakure. "My handwriting is barely eligible as it is!!" Mondo bent forward to get a better look at the writing, his brows furrowed. "Wow... I mean, ain't as bad as mine is, but pretty bad still..."

"Theirs also something else.." Spoke Naegi, his voice wavering slightly. "After killing Ishimaru, the murderer had to use the flat kart to move his body. We can deduce that from the blood on it's wheels. The justice suit can't bend at the waist, so Hagakure couldn't have moved the body while wearing it." I looked over at Celeste, who had a distasteful look on her face. "I see..." began Byakuya, bringing up a hand to push his glasses back up. "So Hagakure was indeed subdued and stuffed into the outfit as he maintains, ergo not our culprate."

"Naegi! Bro! Thanks, I owe you big-"

"Wait a sec." interrupted Aoi, confusion and worry mixed on her face. "What about the picture Celeste has of Justice attacking Yamada?" Sakura nodded, her arms crossed calmly as always. "Exactly. Hagakure couldn't have accomplished that unconscious." Celeste's eyes glitter for a second. "You both raise a valid point, with photographic evedence, Hagakure is our only suspect. And if he's innocent, that could only leave one other choice... The only other person that lacks an alibi for the murders. And I'm afraid that's (y/n)."