chapter 2- edited

Start from the beginning

Beth seemed to shake her head in distaste.

"Marcus, you know better," she seemed to spit out

Before turning to me.

Marcus is the alpha's name...got it.

I backed further against the wall, wanting to see all my enemies if these people tried something. Beth approached me and turned her head to the doctor. "Harry, what will she need for this to heal properly?"

The doctor was named Harry.

He turned to look her in the eye. "Cold compress, over-the-counter pain meds, and rest. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"no, thank you, we have got it from here, thank you," she said, offering a smile to which he returned, bowed, and left.

I held my breath, not knowing what would come next, but Beth held out a hand for me to take. Not knowing what to do, I stood motionless. She frowned, dropping her hand.

"what's your name," Marcus asked, still standing away from me.

I pointed to my neck; talking wasn't in the cards for at least a couple of days, which was annoying, but right now, I needed a plan, and Cleo hadn't said a word since meeting him.

'Cleo? Are you okay?' I asked

'I'm more than fine now,' she muttered

what

'what?' I asked back in my head

"here," Beth bounced, giving me a notebook and pen. "Write your name on it."

"Alex," I wrote

"Alex," I thought I heard Marcus mumble

"alpha, just checking in. Do you need anything?" A man's voice rang from the doorway, looking up. It was the man who tried bringing me here...well, with the orange-haired girl Beth, I believe her name is.

"Everything is controlled right now; thank you, Kyle," he said, looking back at me.

Kyle is the beta.

Looking closer and now in a better light, he had brown hair with what looked like blonde highlights and hazel eyes and was about 6 feet tall.

"I'm Kyle," he smiled. "I'm sorry about our first interaction."

"yeah, sorry about that," Beth added

Marcus's gaze toward them turned deadly. "What happened?" he bit out

Kyle sighed. "Well, it started fine, then she tried escaping, and uhm, Beth and I had to wrestle her to the ground."

Marcus started growling and snapped his attention to me; my eyes were wide, and I slid down the wall, covering my body.

'he won't hurt us,' Cleo purred

Marcus p.o.v.

My mate wrestled both of my betas; turning my attention to Alex, I took in her petite frame and how skinny she was, yet she fought

"Alpha, you're scaring her. We are sorry we didn't know," Kyle said

I didn't realize I was growling but coughed to try and cover it. "Beth, help her up, please," I said, trying to be polite so my mate wouldn't be scared. Her name is Alex; such a beautiful name.

Beth approached Alex, took her arm, and pulled her up. "Are you hungry?"

Alex shook her head

"Guys, can I talk to her alone for a second, please," I asked; I was dying to apologize...