Part 10: Buzz Buzz

I've got a decent stack of chapters ready for publishing while I'm away. I'm sorry if people want to have like an updating schedule but I don't really like to make definitive times of when I will publish cause sometimes it'll be every two days, others four then maybe a week and a half. If I can give you any kind of regular time frame I'd just say every four days as a standard.

This chapter is early cause I felt like giving you some more and I love to hear your feedback :) xx

As usual, the weekend rolled round faster than expected and, as usual, I spent less and less time at home. Every chance I got I was studying at Lucy's or visiting Alyssa at home. Lys actually had thought about starting a new dress project to show Yves, her supervisor, but she would most likely give up before it was finished and complain that it was too hard basket. 

When I woke on Saturday morning, I had a missed call and a text from Lys.

*Been up for an hour and had a power smoothie - tasted like crap - going to the gym to start my boy detox!*

I snorted to myself as I read it in the car. I don't know if I wanted her to get over Daniel without knowing if he felt the same. But, I will say from experience that it would be easier to ditch the feelings as early as you can before they become too hard to get rid of. By then they never really go away, they're more stuck with you like an open box that is old and doesn't close properly and no matter how hard you push it or squeeze it, it just pops right back open.

I turned down Sainsbury to Lu's and I had a weird feeling in the back of my mind. Who said something about Sainsbury street the other day?

"Lu!" I called when I got in the door and grabbed a parcel from the step.

"This was delivered early," I muttered to myself as I read the address. It was addressed to 'The Homeowner'. Now that's not sketchy at all.

"Lu!" I called again when she hadn't come down for five minutes.

"You're gonna make me climb the apples and pears just to get you out of bed, that's just annoying," I laughed as I came up and found her tucked up in bed still sound asleep.

"Lu," I whispered, sitting beside her knees and shaking her arm gently.

She groaned and turned towards me, blinking as her eyes adjusted to the light coming through the window.

"Morning," I said softly, "you're awfully tired for someone who fell asleep at 8:30,"

"Dad came home late and was talking to me," she muttered seemingly unaware of her slip.

Well, that's a bit of information for me to ponder over.

Her eyes flew open and she sat up quickly, watching me in fear.

"You can't tell Jeff I told you," she panicked and I shook my head with a kind smile.

"It's okay, I'm not telling anyone. Our little secret," she nodded warily and pulled herself out of bed, slipping her feet into her slippers on the floor.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked as we made our way downstairs.

"Can I have waffles?" She begged.

"No, you need something healthy before your match... how about beans on toast? That's as unhealthy I can get before we go into sugar overload," I offered and she rolled her eyes.

"Okay," she yawned.

We sat at the table while she ate and she told me all about her love for soccer and how her best friend was on the team with her.