My Fault [Young! France × Country! Reader]

[From the anime "Hetalia Axis Powers", "Hetalia World Series", "Hetalia: The World Twinkle", "Hetalia: The Beautiful World",  From the manga "Hetalia Axis Powers" and "Hetalia World Stars", From the anime movie "Hetalia Axis Powers: Paint it White!"]

Names:

France : Françis Bonneyfoy

————————————————

Rouen, France
May 30, 1431

"I'm sorry." The girl quietly spoke as she tried to comfort the french boy.

"I..it'z my fault..she tried..I should 'ave done something..I'm zo stupid.." He couldn't stop the tears from falling as both of them watched the as the citizens of England burned the girl who had stolen his heart. The (h/c) hugged the weeping boy whispering words of comfort in hopes that he would calm down.

"France. Please calm down, she did it because she wanted to protect you."

"*Je ne pas laisser son!" He breaks from the warm embrace to push the girl away.

"Francis, you are a wonderful nation. She knew that and she just wanted to save you. She loved France this much to actually sacrifice herself."

"Joo don't understand! It should 'ave been me-!" A slap cut him off his sentence.

"No, it should never be you. If it was you then a whole country would be dead. Even if you are immortal can't you honour her death and move on?" Francis couldn't help but glare at the girl's words. His cheek stung and he knew he deserved that but to move on from Jeanne? She was a beautiful, generous, and courageous girl.

It was his fault that she was dead. It was because of him she was dead.

"**Je ne peux pas. I love her to much to let her go."

"Then I'm leaving."

His eyes widen at her words, "***Quoi?"

"Why the hell would I stay? Your country's clearly loosing but even with that fact I stayed with you." He looked confused. It wasn't his fault he was loosing..maybe it was. He was weak, he couldn't protect himself. He couldn't even save the girl he loved. But one thing plagued his mind, why was (Y/n) mad?

"Can't you see I'm also suffering? As a nation, as (C/n), my priority should be the people of my country but I wasted my time being with someone who can't even measure up all my sacrifices." He couldn't comprehend the words the (h/c) country let out.

"..I..I don't underztand..?"

"Of course you don't!" (C/n) screams while tears started to drop from her eyes. "She did it because she believed she could sacrifice just as much as anyone who loved you could. She believed God was showing her the way."

Francis' eyes softened at her suggestion, "So go ahead and blame me."

"It must've been because of me, she said she wanted to do something for you too. So there she is," The girl pointed towards the burning figure of a girl. "She ended up dead."

Soon enough after seeing her friend's body burning once again she bursts out crying. "Honestly dressing up as a man to fight for you.. stubborn La Pacelle, why?..Who is that God that keeps giving you those stupid visions?!..."

[A/n: I'm actually a Roman Catholic...I can't believe I just wrote that...I believe in God!! Even if I read and watch Black Butler...and other demon related anime and manga.]

"She should've known that those Englishmen would only pin her as a 'heretic' as an excuse to burn her.." A bitter laugh escapes the girl's lips before she eyed Francis.