"Oh no not that dress I just know all the football jocks will be drooling over you." Alex groaned dreading the night even more.

"If we spent our lives worrying about stupid men then we'd forever be in sports pants and baggy jumpers."

" Stop worrying it will be okay. " (Y/n) soothed leaning closer to put her arms around her and kiss the tip of her ear. "You'll have me there with you."

" You'll be off with Kara fighting over the shrimp! "

"Oh yes, another house of El food fight!" Kara suddenly burst out forgetting that Eliza wasn't supposed to know about ( Y/n), even though they knew that she knew, things were becoming far too complicated.

"Kara!"

Alex looked at her girlfriend happily. "See I'm not the only one who can't keep a secret Kara is the worst, how does she even keep her own?"

" It was an accident. "

"(Y/n) dear, it's okay, unlike my daughters I am very good at keeping secrets." Eliza reassured.

" Thank you. "

"Okay, I have to get going," Kara spoke up.

" Don't forget to kiss Lena goodbye. "

"I won't forget.. wait what!"

Kara's face burned red as she watched the three women burst into fits of laughter.

"Oh grow up!" She pouted before storming out stopping short of slamming the door.

xxx

Alex had learned one thing while teachers may have changed and the students aged by a decade Midvale High school had not changed at all, it was stuck in a time warp and she hated it.

Being a teenager was bad enough but for her filled with confusion and denial, the added tension of Kara and her father, Alex didn't really look on it with anything good to reminisce on.

Every male eye in the room turned towards them when (Y/n) entered Alex growled she wanted to punch them all one by one each one harder than the last, each one feasted on the naked flesh on show like vultures eagerly enjoying the view of an almost dead corpse in a dry desert.

"So Kara my little friend." ( Y/n) beamed rubbing her hands together happily. "Which way to the shrimp?"

Alex watched her, she didn't even gaze around her at them, they were invisible to her as though they were a ghost and she was a Goddess far too good for the riff-raff.

That made her feel better, not that they were looking but that her girlfriend wasn't looking at them.

"Oh (Y/n) be prepared to lose." Kara sang happily pulling her by her arm over to the massive pile of shrimp forgetting all about Alex who kept up her glare challenge.

(Y/n) cringed. "Oh dear lord look at this, that is so dangerous out in the open."

" It's a buffet. " Kara shrugged.

"Yeah but how many gross fingers have touched those and put them back, oh God maybe they went to the bathroom and didn't wash their hands."

" You are really ruining this for me, come on don't chicken out. "

"I'm only eating this because of the strong Kryptonian genes these things terrify me." She grimaced reaching forward with a reluctant hand to pick up an offensive shrimp lifting it to her mouth and chewing, spitting it out before she could swallow. " Eww, Kara that is so gross! "