Concerts!

Grace POV

I was so excited! It was now my first concert to perform! We had finally gotten the okay for Reid to play with us!

I could feel the surge of the crowd pumping as fast as my heart. I was up first, so I got to open the show.

I was given the thumbs up by the stage manager and I gave it back. I was wearing a sparkly top with jean shorts and my new boots. Kimberly told me that since my limp was almost gone, they were going to have me go up in the toaster.

"Alright. Like we practiced. Good luck!" Kimberly said, giving me a hug. I strapped the guitar Kacey gave me on and walked to the platform.

It was a small square, big enough to fit a person and guitar. I stood in the square and they began the countdown. "3.2.1" I was thrown into the air and landed on my feet! "How're we doin, Dallas Texas?" I yelled into the mic in front of me.

The crowd roared. I smiled big and turned around to Boone and Fitz, giving them a nod. They started the music to "American Honey." And I smiled.

A lot of the crowd, to my excitement, sang back the chorus to me! I finished the song and laughed into the mic.

"Wow. Y'all are havin fun out there! C'mon! Let me hear from the back row!" I said, I heard a bunch of screaming and saw people jumping.

"Y'all are looking awesome!" I smiled. "Alright. We're going to slow it down some, a kind of sad song. I wrote this about one of my brother's friends. If any of y'all didn't know, my brother is a Sgt. in the army." I announced. I heard a lot of cheering.

"If there are any veterans or anyone serving, I'd like you all to stand." I said. There were at least 50-100 men and women that stood up. "We salute you for your service. Thank you so much. Let's give a round of applause for our true heroes!"

The crowd went wild and roared. I smiled. "Well, my brother's..." I heard roars and turned around. Nick was walking toward me!

"Sgt Nick Oakley, everyone!" I yelled into the mic. There was a great roar that echoed in the stadium. "Well, I'll let you share it, if you want." I said, looking into my brother's green eyes.

"Well. My best buddy, his name was Jackson. It was his dream to serve in the army. He lived... And died by it. This song is dedicated to his wife, Carrie." Nick said. To my surprise, he didn't move.

"Mind if I sing it with you?" He asked, my mouth fell open. "Yes!" I said immediately.

"It was two weeks after the day she turned eighteen

All dressed in white

Going to the church that night

She had his box of letters in the passenger seat

Sixpence in a shoe, something borrowed, something blue

And when the church doors opened up wide

She put her veil down

Trying to hide the tears

Oh she just couldn't believe it

She heard the trumpets from the military band

And the flowers fell out of her hand

Baby why'd you leave me

Why'd you have to go?

I was counting on forever, now I'll never know

I can't even breathe

It's like I'm looking from a distance