You Can't Stay Here

I opened my eyes. I was lying in my bed, but I didn't remember how I got there.

I saw a nervous Miranda sitting in the corner of the room, on my little blue stool. "What..? How!?" I asked. I slowly remembered. The man, getting attacked, I looked around, alarmed.

"What happened?" I asked. She looked at me. Reid and Neil walked in. "Are you ok!?" They asked, alarmed.

"I..I think so." I said, sitting up. My stomach on fire. "What happened?" Miranda asked gently. "Well, I was talking to you on the phone when there was a knock on my door. I opened it and a man, holding a pistol, walked in. He tried to shoot BlackJack! I attacked him and we fought, he picked up the gun and I... I guess it jammed. So he knocked me out."

Miranda nodded her head. "Yeah, I came walking in the door to see him standing over you, he was scared and fled." She said. "Well, you were holding a shotgun...." Neil said with a smirk.

"Yeah. I'm just glad she's ok. You can't stay here." Miranda said. I thought, then nodded slowly. "Yeah, I guess you're right." I said, shaking my head.

"They're on tour and will have a lot of security. It might be safest if you stay with them." Miranda said. I looked at Reid and Neil.

"Yeah, I'm sure that would be fine!" Neil said with a smile. "Yeah, it'd be fun too!" Reid added. He blushed.

"Wait, what will I do with BlackJack?" I asked, worried. "How about this? I will keep him with my other dogs at my house? He'll have time to run and be free! We can skype and when they have a concert in a few weeks in Oklahoma, you can come say hi!" She smiled at me.

"What about my job?" I asked. "It's alright. Don't worry about anything. We'll stop by and so will Carrie to check on your house. We notified the police and they'll patrol the neighborhood. Believe me, we've got it all figured out!" Miranda smiled. "Now go pack!" Reid said.

I walked into my room, shaking my head. I couldn't believe how nice these people were! Miranda followed me, probably to keep an eye on me, and helped me pick out outfits.

In the end, I had about three suitcases. So, basically everything I owned. We were going on an all out state tour!

Miranda helped me carry them to my car, which someone had kindly gotten. She drove me to the Perry's house.

"So, you better call me if anything happens. I mean it." Miranda said, seriously. "Ok, I will. And thank you for saving me." I said, as the car stopped. I gave her a hug.

She hugged me back and unlocked the car. It was practically torn open by Kimberly. "Are you ok? What happened? Are you hurt? Are..""Woah, calm down! She's ok!" Miranda said. "Sheesh acting like a dang bulldog." Miranda mumbled.

I laughed, until my head started to hurt. Kimberly practically herded me into the house. She grabbed an icepack and made me hold it to my head.

I sighed. Miranda walked in, "I held one to your face while you were knocked out. I know that sounds weird but someone had to do it." She smirked. "Thank you. I was wondering why it didn't hurt so much. And how did I get to my bed...?" I asked.

"Blake was there before you woke up. He left to talk to the officers. That's how." She smiled. "Thanks." I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned and saw Neil next to me. "Are you ok? Are you hurt?" "No, I'm fine. Thanks!" I smiled, giving him a hug.

My head started to hurt really badly. I began to feel dizzy. "Do you need to sit down?" I heard Kimberly ask. I nodded, making my head hurt worse.

She and Neil helped me into the house. They laid me down on the couch and I fell asleep.

*************************************