(27) Stay Omega Stay

Start from the beginning

"These forces are killing Felix, you can't let them win." She disappeared from in front of me and appeared behind me. I felt her place her hands on my temples. "Focus on destroying the people in front of you, focus on good, strong, love magic."

I tried to focus on the demons that seemed to be getting closer and closer to us. London and Lilura had nearly faded out, but I could see them watching me intently. There were so many stares, so many good and bad; so many families and not. Here, I had my family on my side, even if the ones living hated me. These family members were here.

"I believe in you, Penny." A pair of hands placed themselves on Felix's tiny stomach. "You're our lucky Penny."

My head snapped at her voice, and my eyes widened just seeing her. Nothing had changed about her, it was like she hadn't changed at all. She was still beautiful, still smiling, still full of so much light. Her aquamarine eyes were gazing directly into my violet ones. It was if she hadn't died months ago, it was like she was alive today.

"Sage." I choked, the tears spilling down my cheeks as I looked at her. "I thought you didn't even exist anymore. I thought you were turned to nothing. I thought-"

"Shut up and save this damn kid." She huffed. "I'm happy to finally see you again, it took a while I know, but you need to clean up the mess that was made and do something good. You need to make this right with your family and if you don't save Felix now you'll lose them forever."

I nodded almost robotically and looked down at Felix. I tried to focus on my magic, but it was like every time I used a little bit it was just sucked right out of me and dispersed. I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the black eyed people surrounding me. I tried to focus on the strength my family was giving me. They were not going to kill my nephew, and I refused to let that happen.

The hands on my shoulders felt heavier, and Sage's hands touching the baby made Felix feel heavier in my arms. It felt like I now had the entire world in my arms, and according to London, he was her world. I refuse to let a child die, and if this child were to die, I don't know what I would do. I can't imagine living my life without Felix in it. Where would I go after the disappointment and hate directed at me from my family?

I felt my magic flow into Felix, and swarm through his body. It was doing something, what I'm not sure, but I knew it was working. Felix was being healed, he was being fixed. His cries halted, and he began to coo softly. I opened my eyes and looked over at London, who had her hand covering her mouth. She watched me carefully and full of hope as I guaranteed her baby was going to live.

"It's working," Lilura whispered, and I turned around to see her looking at me with such pride.

Somehow my magic worked, and when I believed it was enough and had completely healed him I stopped. I felt the hands on me suddenly disappear, and when I turned to look at my family they had disappeared. Sage was gone, unfortunately, after seeing her for the first time since she had died. It was strange seeing her after so long and having her strength given to me. Without my family and their love, I never would've been able to save Felix.

I looked around the room and still saw the black-eyed demons glaring at me, and to my surprise, they started hissing. They clutched their heads, screaming as I stared at them in amazement. It was as if whatever I had done to Felix had done the opposite to them. I had healed Felix, but I had killed the black-eyed demons. They started disappearing one by one, leaving only a small puff of black smoke behind them. Each one clutched their heads before they vanished, their screeches cut short.

Everything was silent as I held Felix's cooing form, his arms flying everywhere in search of his mother. I walked over to her weakly, feeling the magic has drained from my body. London took Felix carefully placing him close to her chest and holding him close. She closed her eyes, letting the comfort of her son being alive soothe her. She opened her eyes to look at me.