[9] The Belle of the Ball.

The moment Dunia put on the Versace gown, she felt like a different person. She continues to put on her pair of black Christian Louboutin heels, along with her Gucci purse. She paired the whole look with a black head scarf that had accents of red jewels that went perfectly with the rest of her look. Every single item she is wearing weighed her down, not physically, but mentally. Thinking about how much everything might've cost, really made her head spin.

The gown is a true beauty though, she couldn't lie. The dress hugged her body shape in the right way, where it was feminine yet modest. It even had a chiffon cape to make her look more elegant and give the effect of 'floating in the clouds'.

"Mash'Allah, my daughter looks like she's made out of pure gold." Her mother compliments her.

"Ammi, do we have to go?" Dunia is second guessing her decision to attend.

Eliza peaks her head through the door, "Uh, yes, we are! We have to shove it in his face– I mean, um..." She forgot that her mom does not know anything about Barqat.

"Eliza... Who are you so eager to show off to?" Their mother asks suspiciously.

"You know! That guy from my Math class who thinks he's all that! I'll be sure to rub it in his face that we were invited to a Sheikh Industry's event." There was no guy in her Math class who said anything but it was a lie Eliza had to tell.

"Eliza! You will do no such thing! Showing off to make someone feel inferior to you is haram!" Their mother scolds Eliza.

"Okay, okay, Ammi. I won't do it. Happy?"

"I will hope not. Now, quickly! Get ready. We will leave in about an hour." Their mother says as she leaves the room.

"Api (Sister), you can't chicken out now." Eliza says.

"Yes, yes I can. I'm freaking out all of a sudden. The courage I had to face him that day has completely washed out of my system. I have no more courage left." Dunia sighs.

"Don't worry. This time, you have me! I'll fight him, I'll punch him if I have to." Eliza giggles.

"I'll be counting on it." Dunia smiles.

• • •

"Ahmad! I'm glad you made it!" Mr. Sheikh greets Dunia's family. "Please, come this way. Let me introduce you to my family."

Mr. Sheikh taps on a woman's shoulder, "Sabina..."

She turns around to look at him, "Jee (Yes)?" Her eyes fall on Dunia and she becomes almost frozen at her beauty. She found Dunia extremely beautiful and was taken-back by her.

Mr. Sheikh is beaming with joy as he introduces his wife to the Bukhari's, "Sabina, this is Ahmad, his wife, Chadni. And this is their two beautiful daughters, Dunia and Eliza, Mash'Allah."

Sabina Auntie embraces the women with genuine hugs and excitedly says, "Mash'Allah, Ahmad's Sahib, you've been hiding your two angelic daughters from us! I'm so glad all of you wore the gifts I gave!"

"Jazak'Allah for being so kind even though you barely know us." Dunia's mother says.

"It was my pleasure! Adnaan hasn't stopped talking about you since he found you. I can tell from his stories that his childhood friend has a wonderful family!"

"Sabina, where's our kids?" Mr. Sheikh looks disappointed that his kids aren't here to greet his special guests.

"Maheen went to grab a quick appetizer, she'll be back in a few minutes. And Barqat... Well, he should be here as well." Sabina Auntie talked about Barqat in a very uneasy tone. Dunia could almost sense the discomfort.