eighteen

I figured since I haven't updated this in a while I'd post three chapters today(: I'll most likely have another chapter on Wednesday so be readdyyyy

june 2016

wow i must've been generous as fuck then ^

The beeping noise beside me caused me to wake up. My eyes opened slowly and I glanced around the hospital room, seeing Ashton sitting in the corner of the room with his eyes closed and his arms folded over his chest.

I went to speak, but my throat was rather dry, so I looked around for something that I could throw at him. Once I spotted the nasty unopened applesauce on the small bedside table I reached for it, grasping it between two fingers. I carefully brought it to me before debating on if I should actually throw it at him.

What if it exploded all over him? He would probably be beyond pissed.

I shrugged my shoulders at the thoughts running through my head and threw the applesauce at him. It hit him in the chest and fell to the floor before it exploded. I held back a laugh as it went all over the floor and his shoes.

"Luke," Ashton groans, rising from his chair. He walked into the bathroom and returned with a bunch of paper towels. He cleaned up his shoes and the floor before walking over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it, next to me. "How are you feeling?" I shake my head lightly and gesture that I need a drink. "Hold on," he rushes into the bathroom and returns with a small cup filled with water. I swallowed the whole thing in two gulps and handed the cup back to him. He placed it on the little bedside table and turned his attention back to me.

"Good." I finally respond to his question. "My wrist doesn't hurt anymore."

"Well, that's because they gave you some medicine and you have a cast now." He chuckles.

"How did you get in here?" I ask curiously. "Isn't it only family allowed?"

"Yeah," He bit his lip. "But I told your mom I was your boyfriend, so she talked the nurse into letting me come in."

"My mom's here?" I sat up quickly.

"She was." He frowns. "And my mom came too."

"What happened?" I ask.

"Well, uh," he bites down harder on his lip.

"What, Ashton." I urge on.

"My mom apologized to your mom about keeping you a whole week away from home." He began. "And then your mom decided to bring up the fact that you don't live with her anymore and she assumed you would be living with us."

"Oh." I bit down on my lip again.

"Which only means one thing." He smiles softly.

"What?" I question.

"My mom said you're moving in with us." He smiles wider.

"Ashton, I told you don't want to be a burden on you guys." I sigh.

"You're not, Luke." He mocks. "Now shut up and kiss me."

"Kiss you?" I laugh dryly. "I didn't forget what happened last night."

He sighs loudly, "I'm sorry, okay? I just thought something was going on between you and Autumn because you were with her when I got to the party and-"

"Wait a minute," I cut him off.

"What?" He asks.

"You told my mom you were my boyfriend?" I raise an eyebrow and his cheeks flush a dark pink.

"Uh, yeah."

"What did she say to that?" I ask.

"She looked surprised." He says. "But a small smile appeared on her face, so I think she's happy for you."

"She's not happy for me." I mutter. "Besides, we're not even dating."

He frowns, "I know. But Luke, as much as you think your mom hates you, I know that she misses you. No one would be able to live without missing you. You're too perfect to not miss."

"Thanks." I chuckle.

"For what?" He asks.

"Being there for me when no one else is or was." I shrug.

"You ready to go home?" Mrs. Irwin peeks her head into the room.

I nod, "yeah."

"I'll go get the doctor to take the IV's out of your arm and then we'll go home, okay?" She says

I nod, "alright."

"Ashton, when we get home, I want you to take the boxes from Luke's car and bring them up to his room." She adds on and Ashton nods.

"Yes, ma'am."

She disappears from the doorway and I smirk at him, "yes, ma'am?"

"Shut up." He blushes. "I'm a momma's boy, what did you expect?"

"You really are gay." I laughed. "You need to act more like a man."

"Shut up!" He repeats, playfully shoving me.

"Fine." I try to hide my smile, but I just couldn't.

//

june 2016

i honestly have no idea why i would say that he was gay just because he's a mommas boy ignore that i don't feel like changing it