two

I walked into school the next day, still stunned by Ashton's choice of words last night. Why would he say that? Was he into guys? Did I really check him out? I don't even know. Did he know I wasn't straight?

I had never told anyone about my sexuality; not even my mom.

I headed over to my locker and grabbed my books for maths, since that was my first class of the day. I was never one to carry a backpack, so I went to my locker in between every class. I didn't mind the walk because it kept me in some sort of shape.

As I headed off to class I noticed Ashton walking with a brunette, his arm draped around her shoulders. She giggled at something he whispered in her ear and I roll my eyes, continuing my walk.

His hazel green eyes meet my blue ones and his right one drops in a wink. I roll my eyes at him again and bump his shoulder as he passes me.

"I have to head to class, Jill. I'll catch up with you later." I hear Ashton say behind me and not even seconds later he's at my side. "Hey, Blondie."

"Is that what you're going to call me now?" I laugh sarcastically.

"Hey, Luke." He corrects himself and I roll my eyes, yet again.

"What do you want from me?" I ask, stopping in the middle of the hallway. People began making their way around us as Ashton shot quick glances around the crowded hall.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"What the hell were you trying to pull last night? Are you trying to tell me something?" I ask, eager to hear his answer.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Luke. I'm sorry." He frowns. I simply scoff at him and continue walking again. "Nothing happened last night, so what are you referring to?" He joins me yet again and I shake my head, stopping in front of him so he almost collided into me.

"I don't know what sick game you're trying to play, but I'm not part of it, got that?" I snap. "Secondly, I'm taking care of your brother because you're too much of a stuck up prick to do it yourself. You can't even take away five minutes of your damn time to watch your brother's new trick. I shouldn't have to take care of him for you. You're pathetic, Ashton. " I say and he looks offended. Well, he should be. "And also," I pause, watching his eyes quickly search mine. I eye him from head to toe and back up."I'm not interested."

I turned around and finished my walk to class, taking my assigned seat in the back. Ashton sat two seats over from me and I ignore his stare as he took his own seat. The teacher starts his lesson and Ashton remains quiet the entire class, unlike usual when he's making rude comments to the teacher to piss him off. I actually think Mr. Ingrim was surprised that he didn't make any stupid remarks.

When the bell rung Ashton was the first one out of the room, literally. He was out of his chair and at the door before the bell even rung. I took my time gathering my things when Michael approached me.

"What the hell did you say to Ashton? He was perfectly fine last night when I left and now he's acting like he hates the world."

I shrug, "I don't know; ask him, not me."

"This is the only class I have with him! I don't see him until practice." He states.

"Well then," I give him a sarcastic smile. "Looks like you're talking to him at practice."

I pick up my books and head out of the class, knowing I was going to be late , but I really didn't care. I put my maths stuff back in my locker and headed off towards the boys locker room to change into my gym attire. Having gym as your second course of the day sucked because if you got sweaty you were sweaty all day.