four

I sat on the bleachers watching my team shoot a goal. I didn't feel like playing gym, so I didn't change and sat out. We were stuck with the same teams until the unit was over, so I was still against Ashton and I didn't feel like being around him very much.

My team was still down by three points and I was a bit eager to jump in and try to win the game for us because Ashton winning would just cause him to rub it in my face later. I walked over to the gym teacher and shrugged my sweatshirt off my shoulders. "Let me play the last few minutes."

"Fine," the teacher says automatically. "But only because this is your first time not changing." He blows his whistle right before Ashton went to start off the ball. "Luke's in for the last couple minutes!" He shouts as I jog over to the centre.

Ashton smirks, "nice of you to join us."

"I figured if I kicked your ass once I could do it again." I shrug and a few 'ooo's' were heard.

"You're on, Blondie." Ashton starts off the ball and not even seconds later I steal it from him and shoot a goal.

He looks at me with a shocked expression and I pretend to brush dust off my shoulder. "Piece of cake."

"You got lucky, Hemmings." Ashton shot back.

I roll my eyes, "you just can't stand the fact that I'm a better footie player then you."

"Okay, boys. We need to calm down." The teacher says stepping between us.

"Coach," Ashton starts. Yes, the gym teacher was the soccer coach. "He's being a cocky asshole."

"I'm being a cocky asshole?" I laugh. "God, that's priceless. Sorry, Coach," I say, turning to the teacher. "But Ashton's just a sore loser that can't stand the fact of his team losing."

"At least I'm not gay." Ashton shot and I watch people's jaws drop open.

"Wow," I smile sarcastically. "I'm gay? Yes, I am happy. Thank you very much." I start to glare at him. "And if I'm correct, you're the one that checked me out the other night and you even admitted it. So, I would just shut your God damn mouth before I put my fist right through it." Ashton stood quietly, looking around at everyone. I place my hand on my forehead, speaking sarcastically. "Oh, was I not supposed to tell anyone that?" I smirk, "oops."

"That is enough." The teacher says, standing in between us. "Both of you go to the principals office. I will not stand here and listen to this ridiculous behaviour."

"Whatever." I mutter, grabbing my books from on the bleachers. I didn't even bother getting my sweatshirt as I headed back into the school.

"You're gonna ruin my fucking reputation, Luke." Ashton says from behind me.

"Maybe if you grew up we wouldn't be in this situation." I say, continuing to walk.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He sighs and I come to a stop. I turn to look at him and raise an eyebrow.

"What?"

"I'm sorry I'm such a dick and I'm sorry for calling you gay in front of everyone." He says and I smirk.

"Aw, you have a heart."

"I'm being serious, Luke." Ashton says.

"If you're expecting me to be your friend, the answer is no." I say, beginning to walk again.

"Come on, Luke." He groans. I know he just wants to be friends so I would stop saying things about him.

"See you tonight." I exit the building, heading straight to my car. Screw the rest of school.